Mobile app: Cannot view past transactions when creating a payee rule from a transaction (edite)

Options
khad
khad Member ✭✭✭
edited March 15 in Report a Bug

Tapping "View Transactions" on this screen does nothing.

On the web, I can see the other transactions that are about to be affected if I select "Apply rule to existing transactions". However, in the iOS app, I am not able to do that because "View Transactions" does not work.

• iOS 17.1.1 (21B91) (latest stable release)
  • App 4.14.0 (latest stable release)
  • iPhone 13 mini

[edited image to reduce size]

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@khad, thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue!

I'm not personally seeing any issues with selecting "View Transactions" when creating a Payee Rule on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App. With that, can you go ahead and perform an uninstall/reinstall to see if doing so clears things up? If the issue persists, please provide some additional details, such as:

• Are you creating the Payee Rule from the Settings page, or from a transaction?
    • Does the issue occur when creating any Payee Rule, or is it specific to "Adidas"?
    • Do you see the same issue when creating a Category Rule?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Reinstalled and that didn’t solve it, but you did narrow it down to the transactions list where I make all my rules because the info is populated automatically. If I go to settings and try to create one from scratch, it does seem to work.

It is not specific to any particular payee.

I don’t actually see the option to “View Transactions” when creating a category rule. Not from the transactions list, and not in settings. But now that you mention it, I wish that was available. So please take that as a feature request.

Also, the checkbox at the top of this screen is off the edge. The text isn’t wrapping.

[edited image to reduce size]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, thanks for helping to narrow down the issue!

I was able to reproduce this on my Android when creating a Payee Rule from a transaction directly and have gotten it reported. I'll let you know as soon as we hear back.

As for the inability to view past transactions when creating a Category Rule on the Mobile App, I'm not sure why this isn't available, as it's available on the Web App. I'd suggest reporting this as a bug in a new post (we want to keep Community posts limited to a single topic). And with that, the last item you mentioned was brought up by another user here, however, they never responded for an escalation. I'd suggest posting on the existing topic for this.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18825

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, a fix for the issue we reported here is expected to be fixed with the 4.18.0 Mobile Release.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, this issue should be fixed. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.