edited December 2023 in Bills and Income

This discussion was created from comments split from:

American Express won't connect as biller

Tagged:

Comments

• mahka42
    mahka42 Member
    Options

Any resolution on this? Trying to connect AmEx as a biller as well but it is not working.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @mahka42,

To assist with this issue, I checked the status in our systems. It looks like the Biller account is showing as Locked, most likely due to not being able to complete multi factor authentication (MFA). I went ahead and submitted a request to have the account unlocked so you can try again, and I will let you know when I see an update. You might also receive an email from the team that handles these cases when the issue is resolved. Alternatively, you could try changing your MFA settings with American Express directly to see if you're then able to connect to them as a Biller in Quicken Simplifi.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• timboyer
    Options

I'm a refugee from Mint looking for an alternative. I'm having the same issue. Just spent a half hour online with a coach trying to troubleshoot, and was eventually told that Simplifi doesn't support AmEx as a biller. Since I've got three of their cards, can you confirm? If so I'll look for another solution, I guess. If Simplifi doesn't handle Amex or Chase - the two largest credit card companies in the country - it's not a very good replacement for Mint.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @mahka42,

The response I received is that it is currently a known issue that is being worked on, but no ETA on when it will be fixed.

@timboyer,

Unfortunately, based on other escalations that have come back with the response that it is a known issue with no ETA, it sounds like American Express is not currently supported. I'm sorry that I can't give you better news, but at least we know that it's a known issue and is being worked on.

Thank you.

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.