Bank fee notification of charge ("Your bank charged you a fee") when it was a refund

Options
khad
khad Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Report a Bug

I closed a credit card account and the annual fee was refunded. When the refund came through, Simplifi presented me with this alarming notification:

Bank fee
Your bank charged you $$$.

Tapping it confirmed that it was indeed not a charge but a refund.

So the transaction data correctly shows a credit to the account, but the notification is parsing it as a negative value for some reason.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@khad, thanks for posting!

I haven't personally seen this in Quicken Simplifi, though I know there have been similar issues with other types of notifications. Did the issue happen just once, or have you seen it reoccur? And is it specific to just this one notification type, or have you seen it with other types as well? Did you also receive an email and/or push notification with the same erroneous info?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It was in the list of notifications in the web app. I don’t have any email or push notifications turned on.

I wish I often received bank fee refunds, but I don’t have another example of one at this time.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@khad, let us know if you see it again. If you do, please grab a screenshot and I'll gather some additional details from you and get it reported.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hm. I didn't take a screenshot because it's just text, and I quoted the text exactly. Can the development team just make sure they are properly parsing positive values for bank fee notifications? Because it doesn't appear that they are based on the notification I recieved.

This discussion has been closed.