Bring the original Reminder back when an incorrectly linked transaction is unlinked (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

This morning I had a new transaction from Amazon. Simplifi attempted to match this to a recurring item from Amazon in my Spending Plan. However, the match was incorrect, and the recurring item won't be showing up for several days.

I manually went in and corrected the match, but then I thought about it a minute and checked my Spending Plan. I found that the original planned transaction (that was originally incorrectly matched to) was missing from my month's Spending Plan.

In other words, correcting the mismatch did not also correct the planned spending for the month. There's going to be a transaction from Amazon on the 26th that should be refected in the SP, but it is not.

It would be helpful if correcting a mismatch also put the Spending Plan back to the way it should be.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a recurring transaction in the SP. Verify the amount planned to be spent for the month.
  2. Purchase something not actually in the SP from the same vendor that is within a few dollars of the SP expected transaction, and with a transaction date within a few days of the expected transaction.
  3. When the transaction is downloaded by Simplifi, it will likely mis-match the unplanned expense to the planned expense.
  4. Correct the transaction so that the categories and tags are correct.
  5. Review the Spending Plan. Notice that the edited transaction still shows up as a planned expense, and the original item in the Spending Plan is no longer accounted for at all. The Spending Plan total for the month is no longer accurate (because the planned expense is missing)

I'm not sure how to make the new expense correctly show up in the "Other" spending list where it belongs, and it's a pain to have to remember that I need to recreate the now-missing planned expense (which I do by going to next month's spending plan, editing the series, and setting the "Next Date" to this month's date

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This gets my vote. Essentially, I feel:

-When you unmatch a mismatched transaction, it should 'bring back' the 'next date' of the series to the date that was bypassed by being incorrectly matched.

Rob Wilkens