Missing transactions with Discover Bank (edited)

Options
CH1
CH1 Member

New to Simplifi. Have been a Mint user and am looking for a replacement since Mint is soon being discontinued. I use Discover Bank and seem to be missing transactions in the Transaction Activity area, but the transactions are found if I do a search for them. I have gone through all the 'Missing Transactions' articles/steps and nothing seems to resolve the issue to have the transaction appear in the Transaction Activity. Also, it appears this may be an ongoing issue with Discover bank and no ETA as to a fix? Being a newbie here, just trying to figure out if it's something with the software or if I'm doing something incorrectly. What do other users of Discover bank do then to keep Simplifi up to date?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@CH1, thanks for posting to the Community!

Would you mind providing a bit more insight into the issue, such as where you're seeing the transactions when doing a search, or what specifically you're doing to attempt to locate the transactions in question? If you're able to locate them in any area of the program, then they've got to be entered in the account register. It sounds like you may have filters set or the register sorted out of date or something along those lines. Have you looked at those particular steps in the missing transactions article?

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• CH1
    Options

I manually matched each transaction between Discover bank and Simplifi. I found the two transactions I thought were missing had a date that didn't match. For example, Discover bank had one transaction with a date of 11/19/2023 while Simplifi had the same transaction with a date of 11/16/2023. Any idea what would cause this?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One possibility is a difference between the date the transaction was pending and the date it was cleared. Usually, though (and I don't like this), it takes the 'cleared' date in simplifi.

The reason I don't like it is if I purchased on the last day of the month, I want it to count as that month's spending, not the month it was cleared, which is different than when I spent it.

Rob Wilkens

• CH1
    Options

I reviewed all the transactions for the last month between Discover Bank and Simplifi. The transactions are all there, but I see now the dates are not matching up on two of the transactions thus why I thought they were missing. For example Discover Bank has the following entries:

11/21/2023 365 Market 888 $1.76

11/19/2023 TST* Centro $18.16

While Simplifi has the following:

Nov 20, 2023 365 Market 888 $1.76

Nov 16, 2023 TST* Centro $18.16

Any idea what would cause the dates to be different?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@CH1, have you taken a look at the "Appears on your statement as…" info for the transactions in question to see if it shows a date and if that date matches what you see in Quicken Simplifi? If it does, it's most likely that the bank sent the data this way. Since it's only 2 transactions, I'd suggest manually editing them to the correct date and then keeping an eye on things. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.