How can we access Black Friday pricing?

Options
jhez94
jhez94 Member
edited December 2023 in Troubleshooting

Hi!

I signed up for the 3 month free trail after coming here from Mint (still in my evaluation phase). I saw today that your Black Friday promo is live, at $2/month for new users. However, when I tried to move forward with purchasing an annual subscription, the website said I was not eligible due to already having an active subscription, and I can only pay the $4/month non promo price.

What gives?

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@jhez94 & @Philk, thanks for reaching out!

To clarify, the discounted promotions such as the current 50% off deal are for new subscribers only. If you both are already subscribed under the Mint offer, the promotion wouldn't apply to your account. If you're brand new and haven't done a lot with Quicken Simplifi yet, you can certainly try what @RobWilk suggested and create a new account under a different email address (one that's never been used for Quicken). Otherwise, I'd suggest contacting our Support Team directly to request the promotional pricing.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Sorry for not having a better answer for you, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I too am evaluating Simplifi and not yet 100% convinced it is the right replacement of Quicken Classic, or other new emerging applications. But having an incentive such as a discount to hang in longer than 90 days might keep me around long enough to see if some of the promised fixes to the applications shortcomings become reality.

I support granting this promotion to users still in the free trial.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

This isn't an official answer, and i can't even guarantee it will work — (I am not a quicken employee)

But if you're willing to cancel your free trial (they're probably not working today, no one may be able to help)

You can probably create a new account with a new e-mail address (new "quicken id")

And then later, change the quicken id e-mail address back to something you are more comfortable with

Again, you may lose your free trial, every offer comes with different benefits/costs.

EDIT: If you do this you will lose all existing data/account-entries, you will be starting like a new user

Rob Wilkens

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've done the math…and the difference between the two offers is only $12…hardly worth the hassle of starting over.

I kind of like the idea of having until February to decide if this product and the company behind it is committed first to its customers…or profits.

My biggest concern at the moment is the slow progress for product improvements as suggested from this community.

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the prompt clarification

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Philk ,

If that’s your concern, Spend some time Checking out posts from these two areas. They should give you a good sense of the historical ‘speed’ with which Simplifi does updates, etc. From that, you can make up your own mind. Personally, having tried a number of other alternatives over the years, I’ve been very contenT/happy with Quicken’s (the companies) speed of updates, etc. andhave found it to be faster than the norm.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.