Watchlist only shows transactions from current month

Options
michfromflorida
michfromflorida Member ✭✭
edited January 11 in Using Watchlists

Mint refugee here about 2 weeks in. I like Simplifii for a number of reasons. I have my setup done, bills and subscriptions input and linked where possible.

When using Watchlists, I like that I can see all the data - monthly average to date, YTD, this month and projected. I also like that I can see the transactions from the current month for this list. However I can't seem to find how to see the transactions for YTD. The watchlist reports the YTD total correctly but how about seeing the transactions that support that total?

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It didn't occur to me that this functionality wasn't there. Maybe one of the coaches can convert this into an idea post, and while I'm only one vote, it would get my vote.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mine too!

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone! To clarify, you all are looking for the ability to see a Transaction Activity list for the entire year's data that is listed in a Watchlist, correct? Otherwise, I am able to view the transactions for each individual month by clicking on that month from the graph, which ultimately allows me to see the transactions for the entire year, just broken down by month:

Please let me know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That sort of gives me what I was expecting — I just imagined it working more like flipping through months on the spending plan, where I could flip back to a particular month to see watchlist progress for that month. This gives me that on a limited (recent 12 months) basis on a per-category level.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @michfromflorida Welcome to Simplifi.

It looks like @Coach Natalie pointed you to how you can see the transactions that support the YTD total. You can get to the screen shown by Coach Natalie by clicking on your Watchlist tiles. I like the data presented this way, month-by-month, as it is easier to look through a shorter monthly list of transactions rather than an ever-growing single list.

However, there is a way to see a list of all YTD transactions for a given Watchlist. You can create a "This year" (i.e. YTD) expense report that includes the categories you use for any given Watchlist and in that report you will find the list of all transactions YTD for that/those category(ies).

If you run this report, just remember that the Watchlist total includes unpaid recurring transaction amounts for the current month which won't be reflected in the YTD expense report. If you have recurring transactions that are part of a Watchlist that haven't been paid yet, your Watchlist YTD will vary from your YTD expense report by that amount.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • michfromflorida
    Options

Thanks for the feedback and responses. My initial thought was if transaction activity is listed as YTD, they are exportable (is that even a word?) in one file.

I do like the month-to-month graphs.

What I did just discover is that if you click on one of the months, it toggles the transaction activity list between that month and Last 12 Months. Exactly what I was looking for!

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK, I never saw that little feature before… very cool!

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks for pointing out the export button from the watchlist. I did not see it before.

Also, love the breakdown by category, payee, or tag in the watchlist.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.