Mint Transactions Did Not Sync Categories After Importing to Simplifi

Options
DanJ82
DanJ82 Member
edited December 2023 in Categories and Tags

I know this may have been covered, but after talking with a support team member today I was told that Mint categories will not sync to Simplifi when you import transactions. Manually editing thousands of transactions wouldn't be feasible, and I was told this feature is being worked on by the developers, but there is no time frame for when it will be launched and I should just delete my bank accounts and start over, essentially waiting for the import to be fixed before I try again.

Does this all sound correct?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The categories should be syncing to the transactions when you import them (assuming that you imported after the functionality was added).

To troubleshoot this, would you please try importing a new batch of transactions or import into a new dummy account? Please follow the instructions in this article exactly when importing and check to see if the categories are syncing properly.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

Answers

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello @DanJ82,

We apologize for the misinformation. Category imports from Mint should be available as of the end of last week. Please click this link for more information:

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• DanJ82
    Options

Hi Kristina - the categories imported but they did not sync to the transactions. Is there a fix for this? Otherwise I was instructed to manually edit them all.

• DanJ82
    Options

Hi I deleted a few bank accounts, reconnected, and re-uploaded the transactions. For 2 of the accounts it worked, but 1 of them it didn't.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear it worked for two of the accounts. Would you mind giving the account that didn't work another try?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• DanJ82
    Options

Deleted and re-tried, it worked this time. Thanks for the clarification.

This discussion has been closed.