Planned Spend over/under and alerts

Options
michfromflorida
michfromflorida Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Using the Spending Plan

My November Spending Plan includes 9 categories in Planned Spend for a total of $1,910.

In 3 categories, I'm over by $308 so Planned Spend now says $2,218 ($1910 + $308) with red asterisk alert.

My math says I'm $435 under for the month as I've underspent in 6 categories.

It appears that Planned Spend is just that - it assumes I'm going to spend every category to 100% rather than treat the Planned Spend as a collective goal.

Some areas of a budget are fixed costs like a cell phone bill or Netflix but many areas have variable costs. Would you call the unspent $435 rollover dollars or see the alert as an area of concern? To me, the alert is false and the money rolls over. And further, if one category in the plan continues to go over, it's time to adjust the budgeted amount!

Best Answers

Answers

• michfromflorida
    Options

Thank you for your response. It's not the alert or the amount that I'm concerned about. Also realize that Simplifi not designed for rollover month-to-month but it wouldn't take a lot to get there it seems. Any values shown are simple queries not AI.

Any amount in Planned Spend is a target, not a solid number so it should be treated as such.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not being an employee of Simplifi, I can say they are working on rollover! Unfortunately, I don’t have any better idea as to the timeframe than you do.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.