Web App is very slow to respond to typing and mouse clicks

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited January 2 in Report a Bug

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Slow Performance after importing years worth of transactions (edited)

Tagged:

Comments

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am continuing the issue I reported in this post (which was closed by the admins, but the issue is not resolved):

Please note that this issue is NOT related to importing large amounts of transactions, which is what this post is about here:

That post is about slowness that is encountered when you have manually imported large amounts of transactions. I have never imported transactions manually ever, and I only have a few months of total transactions at this point, because I cleared out Simplifi completely and restarted using it only a few months ago. In fact, the reason I left Simplifi was because of this lagginess in the UI. I went to Mint, but then Mint shut down and so I'm back here, and this issue needs to be fixed.

This is very visible if you look at detailed process statistics in either Windows Task Manager (for Edge) or Google Chrome's Task Manager. Here is a screenshot that shows what the Simplifi tab looks like just for a single server request/response for marking a transaction as reviewed:

When the Transactions tab is idle, here is what it looks like:

So, marking a transaction as reviewed (for example) spikes that tab's memory usage by more than 1GB of RAM, and spikes the CPU to 15% for about 5 seconds.

I have tried different browsers, Incognito tabs, and also clearing the browser cache. The issue is reproducible in all of those environments.

Is anyone else seeing behavior like this when using the web UI? If so, it definitely needs to be addressed, as it makes the web user interface very frustrating to use.

Thank you,

Perry Myers

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi, I don't know why my issue was merged into this one. I have NOT imported years of data in my session. In fact, I only have a few months of data at this point since I completely cleared everything out and restarted with Simplifi a few months ago.

I don't believe my issue is related at all to the subject of this post which is specifically about slowness due to importing years of transaction data. Can we please split the issue I reported out as distinct and separate since it has nothing to do with this post's title?

Either that, or please retitle this discussion.

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't see the issue on the Android App, I only see it in the Web Application in any browser (Chrome, Edge, etc). So I expect that it's specific to the Web UI and the Android/iOS apps perhaps are architected differently so that they don't have the UI lag.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@perrynmyers, I went ahead and split your comments back to a new discussion as requested, however, I am going to ask that you go ahead and follow the existing thread for the latency and lagging issues.

Although the issues reported in the existing thread mostly surround latency after importing years' worth of transactions, our product team is actively working on performance across the board, so hopefully this behavior improves for everyone. If you are still seeing an issue after we post an update on the existing topic stating that the performance issues are resolved, please go ahead and create a new post to outline what you're experiencing so we can take a closer look at that time.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Will do, thanks @Coach Natalie.

• timmyc123
    timmyc123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I love Simplifi, but these performance issues are unacceptable. It takes almost 10 seconds to make a basic change to a transaction, in the best performing browsers running on high performance devices.

The amount of resources required for the page is very telling.

@Coach Natalie we need to hear from product leadership about this. This is unacceptable for a paid product. When will product leadership respond to their customers? I have been steering Mint customers away from Simplifi (and over to Monarch) because of this.

This discussion has been closed.