Slow Performance after importing years worth of transactions (edited)

nmcmahon1215
nmcmahon1215 Member
edited May 27 in Feedback
Hello,

A while back I imported all of my transactions from Mint into Simplifi. This function worked great, and I have a transaction history all the way back to 2015. However, I've noticed that since then, the overall performance of Simplifi has slowed down greatly. At first the main point of slowness was on the initial app load as it fetched all the transactions. Now, I'm experiencing slowness with regular actions, such as marking a transaction as reviewed.

Can performance be looked into? For example, while I like the have my full transaction history, I don't need it all at once. The app could load just the past couple months of transactions and fetch older transactions as needed in the UI

Thanks!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @nmcmahon1215,

Thanks for posting!

To clarify, are you experiencing this issue on the Simplifi Mobile App, Web App, or both? If this is occurring on the Mobile App specifically, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling, while performing a device reboot in between, to see if that helps to clear things up a bit. 

Please let me know! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • It occurs on both, but is probably more noticeable on the desktop web app.

For example, clicking the checkmark to mark a transaction as reviewed takes several seconds. Delays in animation cause incorrect clicks and further delays.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @nmcmahon1215,

Thanks for posting back and confirming!

I'm not experiencing any latency issues personally, from either the Web or the Mobile Apps. With that being said, I'd suggest clearing your cache and cookies to see if that helps to clear things up, or possibly trying from a different browser.

Let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • I've done that several times and it does not seem to help.

I started noticing the issue when I imported all of my transactions from Mint. This made load times significantly slower and it's worsened over time. Can you try to reproduce with a large number of transactions? For reference, I have transactions dating back to 2015. For reference, I have almost 7000 transactions in my account
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @nmcmahon1215,

Thanks for trying those steps and posting back!

I found a Bug Ticket regarding this same set of circumstances, and the same types of issues presented in Simplifi, so I have gone ahead and added your information to the Ticket. I will be sure to post back as soon as any updates become available. :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

QWA-8242
  • Thank you!
  • This is also an issue for me. I'm having trouble editing and cleaning up transactions due to the latency on the web. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @damufunman,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing latency issues in Simplifi.

To clarify, is this also occurring for you after importing year's worth of transactions? If so, I would definitely suggest following along with this post for any updates on the exsiting Bug Ticket! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • I have the same problem after importing years of Mint transactions. Making updates, searching, etc. took a long time. Marking a transaction as "Ignore from Reports" took 15-20 seconds, each time (and you can't bulk-add that!).

Clearing my cache from my Chrome browser settings seemed to have fixed the problem... for a while. After using the site for an hour or so, it's pretty slow again, although not as horrendously slow as before.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @notsosimpli,

Thank you for reporting this, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this latency issue.

This issue is still being worked on by our Product Team, so please be sure to follow along here for updates! :blush:

-Coach Natalie