Is there a way to have starting cash on your spending plan

Options
patwil0818
patwil0818 Member
edited January 2 in Getting Started

Just starting with Simplifi - moving from Mint. My biggest desire with managing my accounts is to pay off debts. So I have been paying extra towards one at a time in order to get rid of them all. My spending plan for December (first one I did) shows me with about $400 left after everything is paid. However, when I manually plug into a calculator what I have in my account now, what I will get during the month of December, and what my estimated bills and planned spending are, it shows I should have about $3000 left - which would drastically change how much extra I put towards my bills.

So is there a way to have like a starting balance and a rollover each month?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• patwil0818
    patwil0818 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you for the reply - so I am looking at my cash flow forecast on my bills account and it is showing me as -2000 after my bills came out despite the fact that it is showing me as over 4000 in my actual account (both on my banking app and in simplifi). Why would it be showing a negative forecast?

I tried to enter an opening balance as I saw that was an option but it doesn't appear to show anywhere other than as a transaction.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@patwil0818 If you follow the cash flow chart, you'll see what makes it go up and down (they're marked with big dots), if you hover over the dots, you can see the balance that day and what transactions happen that day that affect it. You can go up to 6 months ahead. I cannot see your data, so i can't tell you what's there on yours.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is all your recurring income showing up on your projected cash flow graph? Also, each of your bank accounts will have a projected cash flow graph and these are unique to each account and not combined. Income to one account will not show up in your other account graphs.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.