Ability to import net worth data from other personal finance apps, such as Mint (edited)

Options
FutureEye
FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 22 in Feature Requests

if say a user is coming from another personal finance app, there is high chance there is a history of networth collected over time. Importing that input here would be useful

148 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The ability to import net worth data is now available in Quicken Simplifi!

Comments

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with all the comments. Somebody coming to Simplifi with a financial history. This is what makes us comforts with a new platform.

• ds824
    ds824 Member
    Options

It would be nice to have an option to input Date and Number for the net worth dashboards. Helpful for those of us moving over from other platforms. I have net worth data for about 5 years that I would just like to have the numbers inputted for.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

My history is 15. I am forced to stick to credit karma because of this even if I don’t want to.

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The Net Worth data does not get updated by uploading transaction data. It is only available since the month/year that you signed up to Simplifi. I, and many others, have a decade plus of net worth data that we'd like to see. Please update the net worth graph to work since the start of the data sets imported. (also not only from 2018 as Support advised is your current capability even if a long term user)

MM built a chrome extension to export balance histories from Mint that can be used if you can't leverage the existing imported data.

Giving the option to show this graph on the dashboard would also be helpful.

This is a pretty big gap…..product defect really.

• ztt
    Options

I have to agree with this as a former mint user. Even if I could go in and manually add NW values on a monthly or year basic would be great.

Will definitely look to see how other competitors handle this.

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Please quickly allow an import of Net Worth history from Mint before we no longer have the option. Best and Easiest change to gain more users and again Intuit owns both so I don't see why this is a problem Simplifi Team.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with this feature too. I am tracking my net worth on an Excel sheet as I did not track everything in Mint.

Minter 2014-2023

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I found out about that yesterday. I guess I should have kept up with the news more.

• pmorrissey
    Options

This is my top request, just bumping this back to the top. It seems like it should be a simple request, just let me enter past numbers and dates. I too have them for every month going back 15 years from Mint, so importing a CSV would be preferable, but it would only take 10 minutes if I had to type them in manually.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

exactly I agree

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I do not want to import by account for this purpose. I have closed accounts over the past 9 years. Give the users options to import by asset, debt, or account ideally.

Minter 2014-2023

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yup .

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the meantime, the Monarch mint browser extension exports Mint balance history daily to CSV by account to a zip file.

Also, the history can be exported from the trends area in Mint, and it comes down monthly.

In Mint:

Under Trends > Net Worth, Set the filters to a single account (or filter by asset and debt accounts) and export the history to CSV.

Mint will shut down in mid March 2024.

Minter 2014-2023

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am on a trial with Monarch and did use their browser extension which was pretty slick. Not aware of Mint allowing access until March of 2024. I guess that gives Simplifi a little more time to try to incorporate a net worth import option hopefully if they are listening.

• cornymoo
    cornymoo Member
    Options

Coming from Mint, this is a critical feature! I will leave Simplifi if this feature is not developed.

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We need more people to vote and really hope developers from Simplifi are listening to these time sensitive requests.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

HI @Coach Natalie, Is there any way we can get periodic update around such asks? even if the answer is not being considered now or is being considered?

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe it's the holidays but hopefully we hear back

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That's EXACTLY what we needed for clarity. Thank you so much Natalie!!!

• vhg
    Options

Hi, just like the others, I'm trying simplifi now that Mint is closing. I want this feature as well, and not having it, might make me consider sticking other options.

• user22
    user22 Member
    Options

+1 for this feature. It's the only thing missing on my list for a financial planning app

• BlazeBeard
    Options

Honestly it's confusing why this isn't a feature. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to back into it from current balances and historical transactions. Even if it were not exactly precise it would be better than a big blank history on the net worth graph.

This discussion has been closed.