Do rules apply to imported transactions? Generally, they don't seem to be executing

Options
theromm
theromm Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Report a Bug

I set up a number of rules yesterday to recategorize transactions. For ex, I have if Payee = Uber.com then category should be Rideshare. QS brings it in as Rental Car & Taxi. I also applied it to existing transactions which match that rule.

I imported some transactions after setting up that rule and the recategorization did not work. I also noticed that some new transactions in sync'ed accounts this morning also did not recategorize based on the rule.

Does the rule engine only work on non-pending sync'ed transactions?

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@theromm, thanks for reaching out!

It is my understanding that Transaction Rules don't get applied to imported transactions and are just used for downloaded transactions. With that, if you're seeing that the Rule is not being applied to downloaded transactions, I'd suggest deleting and recreating the Rule by following the steps outlined in our support article to make sure everything is done properly.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4792733-how-to-use-transaction-rules

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

Maybe there was a temporary glitch or something, but I do see that rules are applied to imported transactions (they don't apply to manual transactions, but I am not creating manual transactions).

All good here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.