Student Loan Account, VSAC, no longer connecting

Options
Pharoiste
Pharoiste Member ✭✭

My student loan provider, https://www.vsac.org , has just implemented an MFA login, using the Okta Mobile smartphone app. Everything is working properly on their web site, but as you might expect, the connection to Simplifi is now broken.

I know that I can convert it to a Manual account if need be, but I'd really rather not. So I wanted to check here to see whether anyone has been able to create an account that is Okta Mobile protected, and if so, how you did it. Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Pharoiste,

To help you with this issue, we do need a bit more information. Could you please tell us the URL (web address) you go to when logging into the account directly? Also, what account name do you use for this account in Quicken Simplifi?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

The login is at: https://secureacctaccess.vsac.org/myvsac/ . My account name is [removed - privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Pharoiste, thanks!

Can you give the option listed as "Vermont Student Assistance Coopera" in Quicken Simplifi a try, please? I see the same logo for this one, so I'm wondering if it will work for you.

If this doesn't work, we'll go ahead and submit an escalation for the 141 error with the "VSAC Federal Loans" connection. However, we do still need the name of the account in Quicken Simplifi. To clarify, we need the name of the bank account that's experiencing the error as it appears in Quicken Simplifi; sorry for the confusion, and I removed the email address from your previous comment for privacy.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, that’s closer!  When I go to that one, I get prompted for UID/PWD as per usual, and then I’m prompted to “Select from the following options”, either “push” or “totp”.  I’ve tried both.  When I do, I get a prompt from my OKTA application asking me whether I’m trying to log into my VSAC account.  I confirm in the OKTA app and then switch back to the Simplifi app.  When I enter the six-digit code, though, I’m still getting the FDP-101 error.  I’ve tried both “push” and “totp”.  We’re getting there (I think).

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    Options

VSAC isn’t a bank, per se. They’re the provider for my student loan for my bachelors, if that makes any difference. The email that I gave you before is how I log into the site. I tested it again just now, and it worked. In addition, there is also a six-digit account number that they use; if you need that, please let me know how I should get it to you.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Pharoiste, thanks for giving that a try and posting back!

Since you were previously connected to "VSAC Federal Loans", let's start with submitting an escalation for that connection. To do so, however, we do need a fresh connection attempt; I see that you haven't tried to connect to that option since 12/1, so please give it another try so I can confirm the error and then submit the escalation from that new attempt.

For the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi, you would locate the existing account under Settings>Accounts (the one that you originally stated the connection is broken for), and then provide the name that's listed there for the account. For example, my Capital One credit card is called "Walmart Rewards Card" in Quicken Simplifi:

-Coach Natalie

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    Options

Right, 1 December is when they switched to the new login method. I actually tried to fix that one for a day or so, but when I couldn't, I converted it to manual, thinking that I'd probably need to recreate the account from scratch in any event. It wouldn't have occurred to me that you might have needed any information from that entry, and since I've only been a Simplifi user for a few weeks, I didn't really have any data to save, either. Is there any other information about the account I can give you that might be helpful?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Pharoiste, in order to escalate this, we need the following:

1. Attempt to connect to the "VSAC Federal Loans" option in Quicken Simplifi again.
    2. Provide the name of the account the issue is occurring with, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I do not see an account name anywhere. All I’m getting is the standard error message.

[edited image to reduce size]

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    Options

Ah, I just noticed you were asking about "VSAC Federal Loans", and I showed you "Vermont Student Assistance Coopera" [sic]. So I tested VSAC Federal Loans, too… same result.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Pharoiste, yes, thank you!

I went ahead and got the escalation submitted for "VSAC Federal Loans" and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10650695

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    Options

Okay, thank you. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have it fixed.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Pharoiste, thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

We've heard back on the escalation, and they'd like to schedule a session with you. For me to request the session, I need to confirm the following:

1. Confirm that the email address and phone number on your Quicken Account is your best contact info.
    2. Provide your general availability starting next week, as well as your time zone.

-Coach Natalie

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    Options

• 1. Yes.
    • 2. I am in the Eastern Time Zone and am generally available M-F after about 6:15 PM or so. Saturday and Sunday are open.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Pharoiste, thank you!

I have requested the session and provided your availability. Please keep an eye out for an email with a confirmed date and time.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8395

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    Options

I still haven't heard from anyone.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Pharoiste, I bumped the ticket and will let you know when I hear back.

Sorry for the delay!

-Coach Natalie

• Pharoiste
    Pharoiste Member ✭✭
    Options

I never received a reply to this, but the matter is now moot. VSAC is transferring its accounts to another provider. Maybe I'll have better luck with them.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Pharoiste, I'm so sorry that you still haven't heard from them on this! I reached back out on the ticket and requested that they give it some immediate attention, and also passed along your update regarding VSAC transferring its accounts. I will keep an eye on things and try to push this along.

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.