Feature Request - Bill Tracking for Credit Cards

Options
esender
esender Member ✭✭
edited January 22 in Troubleshooting

I used to use Mint.com to track my finances and one feature Mint had was it would download my monthly statements from each credit and tell me what my statement or minimum amount due was.

I know Simplifi has a bill system, but that seems to be for constant bills, such as my mortgage or car payment.

It would be great if Simplifi could also download my monthly dues for each credit card and add it to my bills section of simplifi.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@esender, thanks for posting!

You should be able to connect your Recurring Credit Cards using Bill Connect in Quicken Simplifi, and this allows your next upcoming Reminder to be updated with the due date and amount due. You can even choose whether to have the amount updated to the minimum amount due or the statement balance.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4962798-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@esender

You might also look over this past about turning in “Idea Posts” (i.e. Feature Request). This process helps the forum function more efficiently.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • greatpgmr
    Options

Someone needs to prioritize solutions that work 100% of the time. Bill Connect will never hit that target since Quicken will literally never be able to support all billers. A partial solution just is not useful.

Please consider how you can add functionality to allow users to quickly add missing bills manually. I tried to do this with the existing functionality and it's impossible to do it quickly, if at all. Frustrating that a paid service is still creating partial solutions that just don't work.

• esender
    esender Member ✭✭
    Options

Hm, I can't use Bill Connect my chase credit cards. It seems the Bill Connect is for connecting up my utility bills, like Spectrum.

It also feels very redundant that I'd need to connect my bank account once for transactions and a separate time for bill tracking.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@esender, sadly, Chase does not currently support Bill Connect, along with Citi, Wells Fargo, Capital One, and some of the other large credit card companies. I'd suggest taking a look at this Idea post:

-Coach Natalie

• greatpgmr
    Options

Chase does not currently support Bill Connect, along with Citi, Wells Fargo, Capital One, and some of the other large credit card companies.

Yup. So how in the world did the current design of Bill Connect see the light of day without a manual method to fill-in-the-blanks quickly? As mentioned before, partial solutions are not useful, especially in a paid service.

• esender
    esender Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Natalie - then my follow question is "How does mint.com do it"? There should be a way to get my latest statement amount due. I hope the engineers at Simplifi can be made aware that it is possible to make this happen and it would be an extremely useful feature.

It enables me to make sure my bank account has enough cash in it before my auto-bills trigger.

[Edited - Redacted Personal Information]

This discussion has been closed.