Issue with Simplifi not displaying bank balance with pending???

Options

My Simplifi account is no longer showing bank balances with pending data correctly. Pending data is listed in the transactions… Simplifi is not subtracting the pending items listed before calculating the end total. This previously worked. I've checked to ensure the settings Globally and at the account level are set to use "Balance with Pending" is selected.

I've attempted to reach out to speak to a Simplifi Coach multiple times over the last week but never got a call.

I wanted to troubleshoot this issue myself by setting up a new account to see if the issue is with my user account or a Simplifi system itself. Before I due, I wanted to know if I would be able to export my existing account data, which includes categories correctly assigned, and then reimport that same data back once I establish a new account and link my banking institution.

Thoughts???

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@djp2025, thanks for reaching out!

I wouldn't suggest exporting your data and reimporting it to a new account. According to other users who have tried this, it doesn't work properly. Instead, I'd suggest troubleshooting the balance discrepancy by following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

I'd specifically suggest checking the 'Balance with Pending' setting for both the individual account, as well as for all accounts in the Accounts List, to make sure both are set to the correct option. Both of these options are available on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, and the steps to do so are contained in the article.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• djp2025
    djp2025 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Natalie… thank you for your response that I should not expect exported Simplifi data to cleanly import back into existing data!

FYI… I did resolve the issue by "resetting the Bank connection". Once I linked the new found accounts to the existing account all data was displayed correctly.

Happy Holidays!

This discussion has been closed.