First Impressions

Options
watkino
watkino Member
edited January 2 in Feedback

Another Mint Refugee here. I've spent a couple of weeks on Simplifi, and my first impressions are that it falls well short of Mint's usability and functionality. Here are the key shortcomings in my mind:

• Defaults to creating and retroactively applying category rules. VERY frustrating because I've inadvertently applied rules I didn't intend to. I would much prefer the default be that is DOES NOT do this unless I tell it to.

• It doesn't offer the ability to make recurring paychecks on given dates. You are aware a lot of people get paid on specific dates, right? NOT weekly or bi-weekly.

• Does not include future spending in pending bank account balances. If I schedule a transaction for the next month, it is not reflected in the pending balance. As such, I have to treat everything as a one-time transaction within the month if I want a true picture of my pending balance regardless of whether it is this month or next month.

• Spending Plan is (was?) a buggy nightmarish mess. Transactions disappear and reappear randomly. Sometimes it displays budget categories in alphabetical order, as it should. Sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't include recurring bills. It doesn't have the most basic budgeting features - like the ability to roll unspent budget categories into the next month. All it allows you to do is "release funds" which I find rather useless.

Those are the major issues I'm having. I do plan to spend more time educating myself on the functionality. Mint was very INTUITive. Simplifi is much less so. Right now it feels like it should be called "Complexify".

Comments

This discussion has been closed.