Unable to add a second set of credentials with Equitable Life Insurance Company (edited)

Options
thaJack
thaJack Member ✭✭

My wife and I both have retirement accounts at the same institution.

Everything was working great with my three accounts added. When I went to add hers, which has a separate userid/password, it then got disconnected from mine.

I selected to reconnect, and entered the credentials, but then it said I'm already connected to all of the accounts.

Please help.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@thaJack, thanks for reaching out!

To better understand the issue, please start by providing the name of the bank in question.

-Coach Natalie

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

Any ideas here, @Coach Natalie?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thaJack, thanks for confirming!

Since this isn't an OAuth API bank or anything along those lines, you should be able to connect a second set of credentials and have all of the accounts added. Please go ahead and give it a try from a different browser or in incognito/private mode and let us know how it goes. Also, are you an authorized user on your wife's account? Some banks don't allow connectivity unless you're an authorized user or the legal owner of the account.

-Coach Natalie

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - Yes, I am authorized. I can access both accounts (using username, password, MFA) myself in a browser. We are working on trying to get all four of the accounts consolidated into a single user login…. if that's possible.

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - I am working on in now in a browser that I've never used with Simplifi (equivalent to incognito).

It indicates that it's lost connection to one account (so I know it's the one with my wife's credentials, because my credentials access three accounts).

When I select to reconnect, I enter the credentials, and provide the MFA code, then it says I've already added all of my accounts at that bank.

After that, all accounts show Account Error.

I am refreshing accounts, and prompted for MFA, which I enter.

Now it's lost connectivity to three accounts (mine).

It doesn't seem that I can make them all work at the same time.

Can you help?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thaJack, thanks for giving that a try and posting back!

At this point, I'd suggest acquiring a fresh connection with everything. You can do so by following these steps:

1. Make all of the connected accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see all of the accounts listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank using your login credentials.
    3. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 using your wife's credentials.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - I went through your steps and I'm optimistic this time. The institution itself is now listed twice in the accounts section; once with one account, and the second with three accounts. Previously, it had all four under the same instance of the institution.

This discussion has been closed.