How do folks handle shared spending/reimbursements? (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭

The other day I ordered a bunch of wine online. Most of that was for a friend, who wanted to take advantage of savings on shipping because I have a membership with them. The order was a little over $200, most of which was my friend's expense.

Of course, he just wrote me a check for his portion and all is fine and good.

My question is how do other's track this sort of transaction in Simplifi? The Refund Tracker doesn't work because it assumes any refund would come from the original seller, if I understand it correctly.

Has anyone else figured out a way to link the deposit from my friend's check to the actual transaction for the wine?

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Best Answer

• Josh_Currier
    Josh_Currier Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here is how i do it. Very similarly to someone who helps reimbursement for let's say a shared streaming service.

1. If the 200-dollar expense goes out in the category of lets say "Groceries" then when you see the income of his check you could put it in as the same category, and it would cancel it out. 200 spent, 150 in, net of 50 spent.

I have never used the refund tracker. Even on things i returned. When the return clears i post in under the same category.

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was going to say the exact same thing as @Josh_Currier but they beat me to it by about half an hour :-) .. Sorry, I slept late.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.