Totals do not match up in Watchlist (edited)

Options
Max1223
Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 11 in Troubleshooting

I have a Watchlist that includes ALL my expenses. I like the graph view of Watchlist more than the Dashboard or the Reports graphs.

The totals do not match in the Graphed views from Dashboard/Reports view and the Watchlist BUT I exported transactions to CVS and the total DO match in the CVS. fyi the Watchlist graph view is inaccurate. Again the totals from both CVS match.

Something is wrong here!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Max1223, thanks for reaching out!

To clarify, do you have any split transactions or transactions that are being excluded from Reports displayed in the Transaction Activity of the Watchlist? If so, these items can impact the exported total versus the totals calculated in the Watchlist, as excluded transactions will still show even though they're not calculated, and the full amount for split transactions will show even though just the applicable split portion will be calculated.

The other culprit could be upcoming transactions/Reminders, as these will not be displayed in the Transaction Activity of the Watchlist, but will still be calculated. More details on Watchlist calculations can be found here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3472367-using-watchlists#h_131ab63f58

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I have a split, but nothing in the split or the overall transaction is being excluded.

Can you tell me where "upcoming" transactions might be found? Is that Recurring transactions?

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Max1223 If you have "Early Access" turned on in Settings, "Upcoming" has been renamed to "Bills and Payments", and can be found in the main menu. I'm not sure if that change has propogated to all users yet.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Max1223, you'd see a Bills & Payments section in the Watchlist details:

These items are calculated, but wouldn't be included in a Transaction Activity export, as they're not transactions yet. For the split transaction you mentioned, is every Category and/or Tag that was used for the different split lines included in your Watchlist setup? If not, just the applicable amount of the split portion would be included in the Watchlist totals, but the entire transaction would still be displayed/exported in the Transaction Activity.

-Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the replies, very helpful. I think the upcoming payments make up the difference. I DO like that it's calculating the full month's worth of expenese. Nice feature, it just needs some text in the Watchlist to explain what's happening.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think what is confusing is the Projected number seems really off and the Spent So Far implies just that, what is spent so far but it include the uncoming Bills and Payments, so its NOT really a Spent So Far…fyi my projected numbers come no where close to the Bills and Payments coming numbers.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, can you send me a link to how Projections are used here? I would like to see how that is calculated. thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Max1223, that info is outlined in our support article here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3472367-using-watchlists#h_131ab63f58

-Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I really don't think that's a great way to project out. The more I use Simplifi, it feels like its been designed around excluding one off or large period expenses. as here in the Projections, I buy something like a new computer that might throw off my "normal" planned expenses, the projections are really off, unless I hide from projections the large expense. Not sure if that should be the default? thanks for providing the information regardless.

This discussion has been closed.