Chase Account Balances Show as $0/Unable to Add Accounts (edited)

Options
NH_25
NH_25 Member

In Quicken Simplifi, my Chase Account balances as of today show as $0. Transactions in these accounts are still present. On Chase's website the accounts are showing balances (which is correct). I went to Settings, Accounts and Reset Connection for Chase (entering password and MFA). The balances still show $0 and now in Settings, Accounts, Chase, all three accounts show "Account Disconnected."

Comments

• chris5234
    chris5234 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

My information from Chase disappeared, and when I deleted my Chase account, I couldn't add the account info because Simplifi marks the account as present. How do I fix this?

• Joelv316
    Options

This is happening to me too. I received a $0 chase checking account notification (around 1pm eastern on 12/13/23), which triggered me to look at the app. This is happening to my checking, savings and 2 of my 3 credit cards.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, this is a known issue with Chase. Please follow our Alert here for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• akishore
    akishore Member
    Options

Hi,

I've just signed up with Simplifi and I was adding my accounts, but ran into an issue with Chase. I have several accounts and when I select the accounts and click Connect, it thinks about it and they says that I've already added all the accounts for Chase. I have to click Cancel and nothing shows up in my dashboard. However, I get an email from Chase saying that Quicken now has access to my accounts. But when I go into Settings and Accounts, Chase does not show up.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Aseem

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The referenced post just was updated to say that "RESOLVED 12/13/23 All of the Chase issues should now be resolved!", but my balances for my Chase checking account and Chase savings account are still not correct. Savings is showing zero balance. Checking account is showing a negative balance. I tried hitting the refresh button, but it comes back quickly and the balances do not change.

Am I going to have to reset the connection to Chase, or will it maybe correct itself the next time it has a new transaction available to download?

I also manage my mother's Simplifi through a shared space, and seeing the same issue there with her Chase accounts.

Quicken since 1995. Simplifi since 2023.

• Ben1
    Ben1 Member
    Options

+1 same issue. balance show up as 0 on banking accounts, credit card balances are incorrect and missing transactions.

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Same issue for me. Even after the issue was reported as resolved today, my chase credit card balance still shows incorrectly as the value of my last transaction. I already tried to log off and log in without a change.

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, the balances for my Chase accounts seem to be back to the correct amounts.

At least I think they are the correct amounts, but it is a bit concerning that I will have to wonder every time I log in for a while if I am looking at accurate values….😕

• Ben1
    Ben1 Member
    Options

Bank account balances are showing again. However, credit card transactions and balances are still not updating.

@tobyN - Agree with you. Concerning that I have to wonder if it's correct every time -.-

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My Chase credit card balances look correct, but I did not have any new transactions to be downloaded, so I won't know for sure until another charge goes through.

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

My Chase bank account stopped showing any transaction except for my credit card payment since end of November.

Edit: Deleting my entire chase connection and reconnecting fixed it. Hopefully it stays that way.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I saw @Coach Natalie post that "all the chase issues are fixed" or something like that. Does that include the problem where on weekends it will update the balance but not download new transactions (i.e. if i manually enter withdrawals it will be deducted from the balance, which included the deduction already, hence double deducting?). This was a chase-caused-issue, I know, but I'm curious if it was fixed?

Rob Wilkens

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Member ✭✭
    Options

Now my correct current balance is showing ok but not my balance with pending. My last transactions are downloading ok.

• NH_25
    Options

My Chase balances (two checking accounts) are not $0 any longer but they are not accurate. The balance is inflated in Quicken compared to the balance at Chase.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, if you're still experiencing missing transactions or a balance discrepancy with Chase, I'd suggest resetting the connection by following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

If anyone is still experiencing an issue after doing so, please go ahead and create a separate post to report it. You'll want to include specific details, such as what exactly is occurring, the type of account it's occurring with, what troubleshooting steps have been taken, etc., so these can be reviewed on an individual basis.

@RobWilk, the issues that were resolved for Chase were the ones that the Alert pertained to — "You have already added all your accounts" / Balance Discrepancy Issues.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Natalie. I just reset my connection and now my balances are both correct, the current and the “with pending”.

• NH_25
    Options

Incorrect balance resolved after performing Reset Connection on Chase account.

This discussion has been closed.