Why is cashflow graph so far from reality?

Options
seannerd
seannerd Member
edited January 11 in Projected Cash Flow

My cashflow is incorrect. When I click on my primary checking account, I know I have a balance of $1133. But the cashflow graph says I'm at $-972. There are no pending items at my bank. Changing the setting to show bank balance vs balance with pending doesn't work either - the same -972 is there.

What else can impact this graph?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @seannerd,

To answer your question, the graph is based on your Bill, Subscription, and Income Reminders for that account, as well as expected Refunds and future-dated transactions. Click this link for more information on using projected cash flow.

The cash flow graph gives you an anticipated cash flow based on that information for the selected timeframe. Considering how far the projection is from reality, have you checked your bill and income reminders? Do you have any extra or incorrect bill reminders? Do you have reminders set up for your income? Do you track anticipated refunds before they post to your account? Do you manually enter any future-dated transactions, or just wait for it to download once it posts?

The graph will also have points representing various anticipated bills and income that you can hover your cursor over to see more information. That may also give a visual indicator if there are incorrect reminders making it look like too much money is going out the door or if you have reminders missing, keeping it from seeing the correct anticipated income.

If you've checked and everything looks like it should be correct, then please provide more information about what is happening. A screenshot (with any personal information redacted) would also be helpful to get a better idea what you're seeing.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• seannerd
    Options

Once I deleted all the recurring transactions, it matched my bank account correctly. I will now carefully add them back in one at a time and watch the effects. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.