I am only able to import Mint data from Jan 2020

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited February 8 in Troubleshooting

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Is there a size limit on file drops when importing transactions from csv? (edited)

Tagged:

Comments

• eye2020vision
    eye2020vision Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am only able to import data from Jan 2020 into Simplifi for my accounts. I even tried importing one year at a time. I have years of transactions from mint. I have been using mint since 2014. No error message shows.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@eye2020vision, thanks for reaching out!

A new feature was implemented as of the 3.93.0 Web Release that limits transactional data to January 2020 by default. To view older transactions, you can do so at this gear icon:

However, please note that having transactions be viewable further back can affect the performance of the app.

Please let us know if this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• I clicked on the gear and the farthest back option is "All Time (Since 2021)" and I have data going back to 2014 from Mint. Is there a way to import historical data from a csv file that goes back to 2014?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Former Mint User, I'd suggest trying the imports again while carefully following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8545901-how-to-import-transactions-from-mint

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• KiwiTree
    KiwiTree Member
    Options

Hi there, I have the same issue as described above. The toggle on the gear shows the same options with the longest being "All Time (Since 2021)" and I also have data going back to 2014 from Mint. I tried uploading again as suggested and also tried editing the data to fit the template and uploading a third time. Unfortunately I still can only see back to Jan of 2020.

Since my ley data point is tracking my net worth over time, this history is very important to me.

Is there a way to import historical data from a csv file that goes back to 2014?

Thank you for any assistance you might be able to provide.

• imdZigman
    Options

I have this exact issue as well. I spoke with an agent, and they asked that I upload a copy of the csv file I'm using. Unfortunately, while they were looking at it, I had to leave. They did have me try it on a second csv file on a different account, and I had the exact same result.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@KiwiTree - Per Simplifi's help, the Net Worth Report is designed to start tracking balances from the day you add your account(s) in Quicken Simplifi as opposed to the date of the first transaction.

There is a feature request to allow net worth and balance history imports below. Vote for it.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Mercs
    Mercs Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue. I created a manual account, downloaded the CSV from Mint, imported it into the new manual account, but the transactions loaded in back until January 2020 then stopped. Everything older than that does not show up even though the CSV is only 600 rows.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go to the transaction activity text in any transaction register view. Click on the gear that shows up. Select All Time in the date picker and your transactions will display.

Minter 2014-2023

• Mercs
    Mercs Member ✭✭
    Options

I had tried that an hour ago when I first imported them but it only said "All Time (since 2023)". I tried it again and it now says "All Time (since 2018)" which matches how far back my transactions go. I believe the issue is that the transactions took a bit of time to populate and/or I needed to log out and back in for them to all show up.

Everything seems to be working now, thank you!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mercs - I imported today and yesterday back to 2014. I had to refresh and sign out and back in as well. The system gave me an error yesterday even though the transactions loaded.

Minter 2014-2023

• @PigMan
    Options

Same problem [only shows back to 2020 after import] - refreshing my browser [Chrome] resolved this and allowed me to look at my Mint transactions back to 2008

This discussion has been closed.