Venmo Issue

Options
swiederin
swiederin Member

My latest problem is with Venmo……See error statement below.

We are unable to update Venmo at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to experience issues, please contact Simplifii support.
Care Code: QCS-0429-2

New Simplifi user. 25 year Quicken desktop user.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @swiederin,

The general troubleshooting for that error is to wait 24 hours and try again. Has this issue been going on longer than 24 hours? Have you seen any other Care Codes?

Also, please be aware that there is a known issue connecting to Venmo right now:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• swiederin
    Options

This has gone on for more than 24 hours. Here is the latest…

New Simplifi user. 25 year Quicken desktop user.

• esender
    esender Member ✭✭
    Options

Same with me, venmo doesn't work.

Can we get an update from the engineer team on this? Venmo is very popular and this issue seems to not be getting any love.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @swiederin and @esender,

I checked on the server side and it shows both of you are getting FDP-103 errors. That is a known issue which has already been escalated. Please follow the alert I posted earlier to get any available updates and know when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• esender
    esender Member ✭✭
    Options

I just got access, hopefully it stays

• ser35
    ser35 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Any update? I'm not getting Venmo access. I would not have bought a Simplifi subscription if I knew Venmo couldn't be connected. I will cancel in a few days if there's no info.

• tommeke
    Options

Same here. Wouldn't have switched to Simplifi if I had known this was an issue. Also really annoying that there are a lot of similar discussions on this exact issue closed while the issue is not resolved….

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am able to connect, but I have to manually refresh that account everytime I open Simplifi.

• TylerLeonhardt
    Options

Adding a +1 to this as well:

We are unable to update Venmo at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to experience issues, please contact Simplifii support. 
    Care Code: QCS-0429-2

This is when I attempt to reconnect Venmo.

• I just started using Simplifi about three weeks ago. I was originally able to connect to Venmo but a few days ago I started getting this error message:

To connect to Venmo, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Venmo to ensure they are correct.
    Care Code: FDP-103

Other times when I have tried, message was the same but the Care Cod was QCS-0429-2.

I have double-checked my credentials on the Venmo site and even updated my Venmo password just to be sure. Still no connection from Simplifi.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are known issues with Venmo that Simplifi is working to resolve. Please review and bookmark the alerts below to get updates on these.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• jgpickett
    Options

This is unbelievably pathetic. I switched over from Mint. For the couple weeks that my Venmo account connection was working, I could not have been happier with Simplifi as a new home for a Mint refugee like myself. I went as far as to rave about Simplifi to several people I know.

Then comes the issue with Venmo. At first, didn't really understand it. But NBD, sometimes things don't work perfectly. Come to find out this has been an ongoing issue for at least 4-5 months and has no apparent resolution in sight??? Inexplicable. Let's just say there will be no more raving..

To be fair, it's not obvious what share of the blame is deserved by Quicken as opposed to Venmo, but either way, something has to give. Venmo is is a critical component to my (and most people's) monthly cash flows. A transaction aggregator has no use to me if it can't aggregate my transactions. Regardless of who is to blame, if one of these services has to go, it's going to be Simplifi given that Venmo is free and more of a pain to replace.

So unfortunate. I'll give it a few more weeks but then I'm out.

• mmartin4972
    Options

Also having this issue

• B Davis
    Options

Here is the message I get when trying to add the Venmo Account

"To connect to Venmo, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Venmo to ensure they are correct.
    Care Code: FDP-103"

This discussion has been closed.