Santander Credit Card showing available credit instead of credit card balance.

Options

My Santander credit card is showing the card balance as the available credit amount (positive number) instead of the actual card balance (negative amount). Others have reported this specific issue. Transactions for this card look the same as all of the other credit cards, which are displaying correctly.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @sebristol2009,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please provide more information about what is happening? Is it showing your actual available credit, or is it showing the amount you owe, but as a positive number rather than as a negative number? Was the account previously connected and showing the balance correctly, or has it behaved this way ever since you added it? Is this a manual account, or is it connected and downloading from the financial institution? Is this affecting just that one account? If not, then what other accounts are also doing this and which financial institution(s) are they connected to?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• zeroskatr512
    Options

Hello I believe I am expierencing the exact same issue with my Santander credit card @sebristol2009. If you would prefer that I start a new thread let me know.

In Simplifi under the accounts > bankding > credit cards tree on the left side, it is reporting an amount for my santander credit card which matchs the available credit (instead of the balance). This value is being registered as a positive number. This value is also being added to my net worth as a positive. I am a recent convert from Mint so I cannot report on the history of this issue here. I log on to Mint I can see it still reports both the current balance and available credit correctly so I don't believe it is a data issue from Santander, but a Simplifi side issue with how the incomming data is procesed.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @zeroskatr512,

So that we can look into this issue further, could you please provide a screenshot of the credit card balance in Simplifi and a screenshot of the balance on the financial institution side for comparision (with any personal information redacted)? If you're not comfortable posting the screenshots in this discussion, you can send them by direct message.

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• zeroskatr512
    Options

@Coach Kristina

DM sent with screen shots.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@zeroskatr512, thank you for sending the screenshots!

It looks like we'll need to escalate this as a balance discrepancy. To do so, please provide the following additional details:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account in question, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• zeroskatr512
    Options

@Coach Natalie
    DM Sent.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, thank you!

I went ahead and got a ticket submitted for this issue and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10749583

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, we've heard back from our service provider on this and they stated that the issue should be resolved. Can you take a look in Quicken Simplifi and let us know, please? You may need to disconnect/reconnect the account, or delete and re-add it.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• zeroskatr512
    Options

Refreshing in Simplifi shows no change.
    I tried resetting the account in simplifi and that didn't make a difference.
    I also tried adding the account new and leaving the other disconnected. This still is showing the available credit as the balance.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, thanks for giving that a try!

Before resubmitting the ticket, I want to gather fresh data to provide as follows:

1. The current balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The current balance for the account on the bank's website.
    3. If the data has changed since the last screenshot you provided, please provide a fresh screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• zeroskatr512
    Options

@Coach Natalie
    DM sent with current screenshots.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, thanks!

I went ahead and got the ticket resubmitted and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10749583

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, they updated the escalation stating that the issue should be resolved. Can you give it another try, please? 🤞

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• zeroskatr512
    Options

No change.
    The main page still shows the available credit as the balance, same as before.
    If I try to reconect the bank and add the card as a new account on the add screen it immediately lists the current available credit as the balance.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, thanks for giving it another try!

I went ahead and submitted the ticket one more time. If they're unable to resolve it for you this time, we'll have to file a ticket with our engineering team instead.

I will let you know when I hear back!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, they're saying that the issue is resolved. Can you try deleting and re-adding the account one more time, please? If it doesn't work, we'll move forward with the other ticket.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• zeroskatr512
    zeroskatr512 Member
    edited February 2
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Just had some time to try this out again. And still no change.

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 5
    Options

@zeroskatr512, thanks for letting me know!

I went ahead and submitted the other type of ticket for this. We won't hear back as fast, but we will hopefully at least obtain a solution for you using this route. I'll let you know when I hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8955

• zeroskatr512
    zeroskatr512 Member
    edited February 20
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I noticed this past week that my Santander card now correctly shows with the actual card balance matching the Santander bank website.

So I believe the issue has been resolved.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, that's great!

I went ahead and closed the ticket for now, but please let me know if the issue pops back up for you. Fingers crossed that it doesn't!

-Coach Natalie

• zeroskatr512
    zeroskatr512 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Well I'm sad to report that the issue isn't fixed.
    I don't use this particular credit card very often so it took a while to notice the issue reappear.
    Last time when I reported that the balance showed correctly, it was after the balance was paid off and reflecting $0.
    Santander showed a balance of $0 and Simlplifi showed a balance of $0
    Last week I put a new charge on and once it posted Simplifi went from showing a balance of $0 to again using the remaining available credit as a positive number called out as the balance (exact same issue as before).😔
    Maybe that particular behavior described will help with investigating the issue.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, drats!

I can reopen the ticket, but do need to gather fresh data from you as follows:

1. The current balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The current balance for the account on the bank's website.
    3. If the data has changed since the last screenshot you provided, please provide a fresh screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• zeroskatr512
    zeroskatr512 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

DM sent with requested information.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@zeroskatr512, thank you!

I reopened the ticket using your new example and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8955

• Jeremy Young
    Options

I'm having the same issue with my Santander Credit Card

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Jeremy Young, thanks for posting on this topic!

I'd like to get you added to the ticket for this issue so we can show our engineering team that it's impacting multiple users. To do so, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account in question, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. The current balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    4. The current balance for the account on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Jeremy Young
    Options

Hi, it seems to have fixed itself. Thanks!

• Jeremy Young
    Options

Hi, it shifted back to available credit again. Should I send you the info you requested above?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Jeremy Young,

Yes, that would be great if you could post the information @Coach Natalie requested above!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Jeremy Young, hey again!

Our engineering team has requested an update from you. Is this issue still occurring when the card carries a balance? If so, can you send us a fresh screenshot from the bank's website showing what the balance should be, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.