Import Investments History from Mint (edited)

Options
LarsLooperMan
LarsLooperMan Member
edited January 29 in Investments

You state all over the place and show that all history from Mint can be imported. This is just INCORRECT (aka a LIE, FRAUD) for Investments and Liabilities accounts such as IRAs and Mortgage. I have tried manually to create each investment account and then import them from Mint. The import button is ghosted and will NOT allow it. So, what other choice do I have? LOSE ALL OF MY INVESTMENT HISTORY I accumulated with Mint for 5 years (ok you throw a few months into the data, but that is it!) . The purpose of this data history is to identify trends and grow your investments by scrutinizing historical data. I am very SAAD that I have paid for this INTUIT nonsense. I do not think INTUIT, or QUICKEN, or SIMPLIFI understand what people are trying to do these types of services, and it is a service, of which I pay for something and get something in return. This is not simplifying my life at all. Terribly disappointed. TURBOTAX user for 25 years. RETHINK SIMPLIFI, possibly rename it to DataDrudgery. The transition is traumatizing enough having to move from Mint to Simplifi because the parent company, INTUIT, has decided to yank us all around and "move to Credit Karma", another INTUIT company. #SHELLGAME. Very unhappy on day 2. I cannot imagine many others being happy at all. We are all about to start searching for another platform and move there. Nothing will be lost as you have LOST all of our historical data anyways. Yep, move, and, furthermore demand that my credit card be credited so I can extricate myself from this madness. Tried using online help and waited 5 hours. CRAZY. I am paying for this?

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi.

Check out this thread. The official ability to import investment transactions is being worked on.

There is a workaround. Thanks @BudgetNerd.

You can import investment transactions. You just import them as "Other Banking", then switch them to "Brokerage" accounts after import, then link your brokerage account to the existing accounts. Unfortunately, the transactions come in as uncategorized and you have to recategorize them with actions after import. I just tested this importing a sub set of my IRA transactions.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• LarsLooperMan
    Options

I have tried this and there is no way that I can find to switch an account to a broker account. Looked and looked to no avail :-(

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Please review this article. I am a user like you and was able to import transactions into my Schwab IRA by following the steps below to switch the account type.

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the Account you'd like to edit and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Edit account.
    5. Select the desired Type. In your case this will be Other Banking.
    6. Click Update when done.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3453445-how-to-edit-your-bank-account-names-and-types

After this step, switch the account type back to brokerage. Then, categorize the investment transactions by assigning actions and securities to them.

Edit an Investment Transaction

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Investments.
    2. Select the Transactions tab.
    3. Locate the transaction you'd like to edit, hover over it, and then click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Edit transaction.
    5. Make the necessary changes and click Update when done.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6540220-managing-investment-transactions

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• fortitood
    Options

From Reddit

You can import older data, but you have to do it in a round about way.

1. Make sure you have the account set up already in Simplifi

2). Go to the regular transactions tab on the left and go to the import screen. This is NOT the transactions screen for the investment transactions. You can't import from there.

3). Select the file to import, but in the corner, select your investment account to import the transactions into. You should be able to select the specific account you want the imported transactions to be filed under.

4). Transactions should show up under the investment correctly.

This discussion has been closed.