How do I "undo" or delete an import? Import Limits?

Options
aolafsson
aolafsson Member ✭✭✭
edited January 16 in Getting Started

I just imported data from my first Mint account and it did not come in right. I think I need to clean-up the CSV before I do the import. How do I undo or delete the import that I just performed?

Are there limits to importing, because in addition to the issues with the transactions that came in, it only went back to 2020. The CSV has transactions going back to 2009. ~5000 transactions total. Am I hitting a date limit or total rows limit?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@aolafsson I'm not real experienced at importing, but I believe you will need to go into Settings > Accounts, and from there you can close and delete all the accounts that were imported.

For general guidance about importing from Mint, take a look at this article.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I had a similar situation as I imported from Mint before the import category feature was turned on. I wanted to delete the mess and start over once the category import feature was active.

I ended up deleting the account receiving the transactions and creating a new manual account.

Check out instructions here https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8545901-how-to-import-transactions-from-mint

Regarding date limits, I am not aware of any. Check the date formatting on the CSV and be sure to have the format as 6/30/2022 and not the date numbers Excel uses, 44742.

If the above does not help, contact support. They are responsive.

This article covers all imports. One can only import the same transactions into Simplifi once.

Text from article below

Also, you can only import the same transactions or the same CSV file into Quicken Simplifi once. So if an imported transaction gets deleted, the transaction would then need to be manually entered. Reimporting the same file into the same account will not re-import the deleted transaction.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Answers

• aolafsson
    aolafsson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did have to delete the entire account and start over. That seemed to be the only way.

This discussion has been closed.