Unable to add Computershare.com account FDP-108/FDP-3000 error (edited)

Options
thalaivar
thalaivar Member

I can log in to computershare.com/us from a browser using the Username/password combination along with a captcha that shows my pre-selected phrase. I am moving from Mint to Simplifi but am not able to add my Computershare account to Simplifi.

I have tried the following variations of Computershare that come up when adding an account:

Computershare shareowner services

Computershare

These two options show the below message:

"To connect to your account, you must complete an action at the website for Computershare.
Care Code: FDP-108"

Computershare Empl Plan Login - US

This one shows a slightly different one:

"A multi-factor authentication is required to connect to your account at Computershare Empl Plan login-US.
Care Code: FDP-3000"

There is no place on the computershare.com website to add MFA. This was the very first account I tried to add in Simplifi.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @thalaivar,

The FDP-108 error generally means that some form of user action is required on the financial institution website. To troubleshoot this issue, first, have you logged directly into your financial institution via their website? Are you getting any prompts, popups, or messages on the financial institution website?

If you're not seeing any prompts, popups, or messages, then please try logging into their website using a different browser or using incognito mode. The financial institution website would see that as accessing from a different location, which could get the message/prompt to come up when it wasn't under your usual browser.

You mentioned there is no place on computershare.com to add multi-factor authentication. Is it normal to get multi-factor authentication challenges when you login to their website directly?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• thalaivar
    Options

There is no MFA via text or Authenticator app when logging in directly nor is there is a place to set one up.

But I just tried it with a different browser as well as incognito and it does ask for a question about something that I probably setup during the account creation some years ago. I believe there are 3 questions (like name of first pet for example) that I must have setup during the account creation which i am asked for when logging in.

But I don’t recall seeing these when trying to connect from Simplifi.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Thanks for the reply,

After using the alternate browser to log into the financial institution's website, were you able to connect in Simplifi? If not, are you getting the same error or a different error?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Still does not work. When choosing just “computershare” from the search lists, it only prompts for username and password and once those are entered and submitted just keeps spinning (waited over 2 minutes without any errors or any type of response).

When choosing “computershare Empl Plan - US” in addition to the username and password it also asks for employer name or code (which is more similar to the login interface that I get if I go directly to computershare website). But once those are entered and submitted it comes back with the error - FDP 3000 (see attached screenshot).

[edited image to reduce size]

• thalaivar
    Options

forgot to add - the Empl Plan US does show a intermediate screen with prompt to answer questions that were picked by me during account creation.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@thalaivar, thanks for posting back with additional details!

I see that you logged into Computershare's website from a different browser and saw the security questions — did you then try to connect in Quicken Simplifi from that same browser, or did you go back to your original browser? If the latter, please give it another try in Quicken Simplifi from the different browser.

If the issue persists, I think we should focus on the "Computershare Empl Plan login-US" option since this is closer to the login interface you're used to when signing in on the bank's website. Since the FDP-3000 error for this connection indicates invalid credentials, we'll need to ensure that these troubleshooting steps are thoroughly followed:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• thalaivar
    Options

I was able to add this account and download the transactions etc at both Mint (I just deleted and re-added it there) as well as in Monarch Money (I am evaluating multiple options since Mint is going away). It works everywhere else. So at this time I just have to assume that it is not supported fully in Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar, I know other users have been able to connect to Computershare in Quicken Simplifi, particularly the "Computershare Shareowner Services" option. We'd be happy to continue working with you on the connection, but we do need to make sure the above steps are followed (see here).

Totally up to you, though!

-Coach Natalie

• thalaivar
    Options

I had already done 2, 3,4, and 5 of the steps you outlined above. As far as 1, I am not sure if many of those apply for my account. It is a ESPP account setup by my employer. The closest I saw the fields was when I close the Empl Plan Login - US. It showed the right security questions (the same set that I had re-added on the computer share website just to be sure). And those questions only pop up if the initial password is correct. When I purposely enter a bad password I don’t even get the security question prompts. That tells me that it is able to login with the username and password and even able to parse through the security questions. It’s only when the security questions have been answered that it comes back with the 3000 error.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Thank you for confirming the troubleshooting steps you completed,

To further assist you with this issue, we do need some additional information:

1. Have there been any recent changes to the financial institution website? If there have been changes, what are they?
    2. Is computershare.com/us the exact URL (web address) you use when logging in on the financial institution website? If it isn't, please post the exact URL that you use.
    3. Is the account an Employee Stock Purchase Plan account? If it is a different type, please let us know.
    4. If possible, please post a screenshot of the financial institution account summary page, with the full URL visible. Please redact any personal information.
    5. Please let us know the password format (example: XXxxx###$) you use and which special characters (if any) that you use. Do not post the actual password.

Note - if you are not comfortable posting the requested information here, you can send it by direct message.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Yes, it is an employee stock purchase plan account. No recent changes as far as I can tell.

I start at the same url you mention above (computershare.com/us)but when I click the “Login to employee online” link on that page it takes me to https://www-us.computershare.com/employee/login/selectcompany.aspx?cc=us&lang=en&bhjs=1&fla=1&theme=cpu

On this page there is a field to enter the company code or company name. I enter the company code for my employer and it takes me to this url: https://www-us.computershare.com/EmployeePortal/?cgid=99999&lang=en-US (I changed the actual employer number to 99999)

There is an existing user login button on this page. When that is clicked it asks for user id. I enter my user id and click Submit. It asks for security question answer which I then enter and submit. Then it shows the screen to enter the password along with the personal site seal (one that it made me pick when setting up the account so that it guarantees that I am not on a spoofed website). After I Enter the password it proceeds to show my account details.

My password is just lower and upper case letters and numbers with exclamation as a special character.

The url of the summary/portfolio page is

https://www-us.computershare.com/EmployeePortal/portfolio

• thalaivar
    Options

I take back what I said about Monarch money. Although it looked like the account was added successfully when I tried it earlier last week, it looks they have the same exact issue as Simplifi. It keeps cycling the security questions and then comes back with an error when I try to refresh. So I assume it is an issue with the intermediary service (like MX or Intuit or Plaid) that is having the issue.

And although the account shows up correctly in Mint, it hasn’t been updated for about couple of weeks. So it is possible that computershare pulled a fast one on everybody.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@thalaivar, thanks for posting back with additional details!

It sounds like there definitely may be something going on with the connection for Computershare, and when taking a closer look from our end, I do see them listed with our service provider as having a known issue, though it's for a different error. With that, it's entirely up to you if you'd like us to escalate what you're seeing in Quicken Simplifi. If you do, we will need some additional info, and we do need the specific data that Coach Kristina requested:

1. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    3. The format of your password (do not provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special characters used will need to be provided.

You are welcome to DM any of this info to keep it private if you'd like. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.