Ongoing connectivity issues (Wealthfront, Vanguard, Citi, TreasuryDirect)

Options
ryang1
ryang1 Unconfirmed, Member

Spent a lot of time writing this and posted this yesterday, but looks like it hasn't made it up to the forums yet.

Throwing in a list of connectivity issues I have encountered with Simplifi in the past week.

Wealthfront

• Issue dates: 12/16 - present
  • Issue details: Simplifi cannot connect to Wealthfront. Sometimes gives Care Code: FDP-103 error, other times Care Code: request-body-field-unsupported
  • Error message: We are unable to connect to Wealthfront Inc. at this time. Care Code: request-body-field-unsupported
  • Tried:
    • Refreshing connection
    • Unlinking/relinking account
    • Generating new app-specific password on Wealthfront

Vanguard

• Issue dates: every day
  • Issue details: attempts to connect to Vanguard will frequently give an FDP-105 error. Contacted support regarding this and was recommended to try connecting during off-peak hours. Was only able to get a successful connection twice out of the many tries this week. Mint does not have this issue with Vanguard connectivity.
  • Error message: FDP-105
  • Tried:
    • Contacted support. "1.) Vanguard when the FDP-105 error is generated = We currently have a known issue with the bank blocking connection traffic during peak hours. However, we suggest trying to update your accounts outside of peak hours or over the weekend."
    • Refreshing during off-peak hours (limited success → worked 2 times at night out of the many times tried this week).
    • Unlinking/relinking account

Citi

• Issue details: unable to connect to Citi if 2FA (2 factor auth) is enabled on Citi. Please note: the solution should not be to disable 2FA for obvious security reasons.
  • Tried:
    • Contacted support. "CitiBank = We do have an open alert associated with the FDP-192 error code you are getting. In the meantime, you can try disabling MFA with Citi directly before connecting in Simplifi to see if doing so clears up the 192 error and once the account gets connected you will be able to enable the MFA with Citi."
      • Disabled 2FA with Citi, connected Simplifi with Citi, then re-enabled 2FA. Unfortunately, Simplifi was not able to maintain the connection after re-enabling 2FA, and the same error code came back
    • Contacted support. "If it comes back with an FDP-102 error we suggest following the next steps. Attempt to add the account(s) in Quicken Simplifi - once the error is received, leave the error window open and log into Citi’s website via a different tab or web browser Click on Profile and select More Settings Click on Manage Desktop Apps Click Add Access (button will be blue) Return to Quicken Simplifi and try again"
      • Tried this method but also did not work

TreasuryDirect

• Issue details: after entering the OTP from TreasuryDirect to connect accounts, a FDP-108 error is returned
  • Error message: To connect to your account, you must complete an action at the website for TreasuryDirect. Care Code: FDP-108
  • Tried:
    • Contacted support. The issue has been escalated so there may be an open ticket for it already.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ryang1,

To assist with these issues, let's try some troubleshooting.

For the Wealthfront issue, there is a known issue where people are seeing a FDP-106 error.

Since you are seeing a FDP-103 error though, you may be encountering a different problem. I do see that you're trying to connect to the Wealthfront Inc. connection option. Have you tried connecting to the Wealthfront connection option? Do you get the same error when using that connection?

For the Vanguard issue, they are known to block connections during market hours: 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM Pacific Time.  Typically, this block is not removed until 2:00 PM Pacific Time. Additionally, you can see FDP-105 errors when the financial institution is blocking for other reasons, such as if they're doing maintenance or having unexpectedly high traffic. About how long has this issue been going on? Is there any noticeable pattern to when you can't update your account(s)? Do you always see a FDP-105 error?

For the Citi issue, there are a couple known connection problems:

From what you describe, it sounds like you've already been through the available troubleshooting for the issue and the only thing that works is turning off two factor authentication. I recommend following the alerts I linked above so you will be notified of any updates, when available, and know when the issue is resolved.

For the TreasuryDirect issue, since you reported it to Support, you should receive a followup from the original agent you contacted, or possibly from the team the issue was escalated to.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• ryang1
    ryang1 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Thanks so much for responding to all these in detail. I will keep an eye out for these updates in the linked threads. Appreciate you and the team's efforts to get these resolved quickly.

• a_pogi_one
    Options

I'm a new member and am hitting 103 errors as well. I will certainly have to leave Simplifi for another service if these issues are not able to be resolved

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @a_pogi_one,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more detail? Which financial institution(s) are you encountering these 103 errors with?

Since 103 errors are usually caused by an issue with credentials, please follow these troubleshooting steps:

If there are more than one connection option, check to see if you're able to connect using one of the other connection choices.

To guard against typographical errors, accidental use of Caps Lock, etc, use the eye icon at the right hand side of the password field to view the password you're typing in and verify it's correct.

If you have the password stored in a password manager, try typing it manually. This can help if the information in the password manager is outdated or incorrect.

It is also recommended that you try logging into the financial institution website directly using the same credentials that you're using when trying to connect the account in Quicken Simplifi. This works to both confirm that the credentials are correct and confirm that the account is not locked on the financial institution side.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.