Some Questions for a recent switch from Mint + guidelines requested

Options
akadenco
akadenco Member
edited January 17 in Getting Started

Hello,

I switched over to SimpliFi as Mint is shutting down and I have some general questions that I am hoping for some guidance. I tried using the Call back feature; but I haven't yet heard back from SimpliFi; so I thought I'd reach out here. Here are my 6 questions where i would appreciate some guidance-

1. I signed up when the switching over from mint was promoted and users were given 9 months free. How do I see if the offer was applied to my account? My sign up date was 12/17. I clicked the link- but I can't verify if it has been applied to my account
    1. I have since uploaded transaction CSVs from mint and updated all accounts using Mint import features
  2. I am having a difficult time importing fidelity accounts. It is my understanding that this is an active discussion here. The guidance by @Coach Natalie is that users should switch to nb.fidelity.com as an alternative to the regular fidelity site
    1. Is this a long term permanent fix or is this a temporary fix? As I understand; NB is NetBenefits and is different than Fidelity and does not encompass all accounts/functionality of a standard fidelity account.
  3. I am unable to connect to Freedom Mortgage (something that Mint could). I filed a request for the bank to be added. Could i expect an ETA on the connection or is that something that SimpliFi cannot comment on?
  4. I have followed step by step instructions to manage my recurring transfers from Bank A to Bank B. Unfortunately, there seems to be 1 Transfer from Bank A that cannot find its counterpart on Bank B. This means that 1 transfer is uncategorized and it is also resulting in some recursive/circular transfer references. How can i fix this?
  5. My wife and I participate in 401k where our employee deposits are typically invtested in 5 index funds. What is SimpliFi's guideline to categorizing the following transactions
    1. Employee match
    2. Employer deposit/normal distribution
    3. Index fund investment/Fund investment
  6. If i have transfers from my checking accounts that do not have a counterpart due to account being closed - basically funds from Bank A went to Bank B — that got invested — then transferred to Bank C and Bank B is now shut down. How do i reconcile transfer of funds from Bank A and connect to Bank C?

FWIW - I love the software and its features; I am just trying to get my questions solved and use this everyday. Thank you for building a good product and community.

-AK

Best Answer

This discussion has been closed.