Fidelity Investment and Retirement Connection Issues

Options
millsmn
millsmn Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2 in Feedback

Hi Natalie - I did all of the recommended steps with Samuel (Simplifi Coach) last Friday 12/15/23 and still had issues which I uploaded screenshots and sent in Logs. I have updated the Mobil app to the current 4.15.1 and signed out the back in but still all of my 12 Fidelity accounts are $0. Can you please advise me as to next steps to resolve this?

Natalie - on the PC app, I also made all 12 of my Fidelity accounts Manual again then add them back in again and linked them to the existing accounts. No difference, all accounts still have a $0 balance in the Left side panel Accounts list. If I click on Investments in the menu the click Balances I do see each of the accounts with history but it appears they are not truly up to date since last Friday 12/15/23. When I click Settings then Accounts I do see a Fidelity accounts section with each of the 12 Accounts listed.

I then checked the mobile app again and same results as before, all accounts are listed with $0 balance on the Accounts list in the main menu. And if clicking on Investments then Balances, I see all 12 accounts with their balances correctly displayed as of 12/15/23. When I click on Settings then Accounts, none of the Fidelity Accounts are displaying as there isn't a Fidelity section listed. 

All of this information is what I provided to Samuel on Friday 12/15/23 (screenshots, Simplifi Log file). He was able to escalate the issue however I have not heard any updates yet.

Comments

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Natalie - I noticed one additional item that may be part of the overall connectivity issue with Fidelity. In the list of Accounts I have a logo for Fidelity without any description and the three dot stack is missing on the far right of the logo.

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This morning I checked the mobile app and found out the Fidelity connection was available to refresh/establishing the new connection.

My 12 accounts all updated with the correct data however the old connection accounts (Fidelity MAC) were still displaying with $0 balances.

I then deleted each of the 12 existing accounts with $0 balances, however I learned that I should have linked the new account to the old account however there wasn't a Link slide bar available on the mobile app. Lesson Learned.

Fidelity changed the connection method API that has caused Simplifi to see this as a new account although all of the transaction history is displaying. So this seems to be a bug in Simplifi that is causing the reports to ignore the transaction data prior to today when the new connection was established.

This is very disappointing as a long time Quicken (over 25+yrs) and Simplifi user (since inception).

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@millsmn, you'd want to link the accounts found on the new connection to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts. Our support article here has more details on dealing with duplicate accounts: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5281170-how-to-resolve-duplicate-accounts

At this point, I'd suggest the following:

1. Delete the newly created duplicate accounts by following the steps here.
    2. Make the original accounts manual in Quicken Simplifi (if they're not already) by following the steps here.
    3. Once you see the original accounts in the 'Manual Accounts' section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to "Fidelity Inv & Retirement".
    4. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

Once done, you should be good to go!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Natalie and thank you. These are the steps I had taken initially but the balances were still all zero. I waited a few days and then when I logged in earlier this week and went to Settings Accounts, the Fidelity Investment & Retirement was listed with a blue reconnect button so I did that which lead me to a page with checkboxes for each of my accounts so I selected those and noticed there wasn’t a link bar on the mobile app. I probably should have waited until I could try it from my computer instead. Once the process completed all of my account balances finally displayed however all of my history for the graphs was removed. Interestingly the history is still in the individual transactions for each account but this data apparently is not being pulled into the performance graphs. Seems to me this is a bug in the Simplifi software. I also have kept my Quicken subscription and verified the performance data reporting is working there. So I may have to continue paying for both subscriptions for yet another year just to make sure I have access to all of my data.

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Natalie - I’m checking in to find out if there’s an update on the feedback provided. I am asking if Quicken Simplifi is able to fix the transaction history linking for performance reporting. I’m disappointed that this hasn’t been addressed yet.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@millsmn, thanks for posting back!

It sounds like the accounts were added as new instead of being linked to the existing accounts (the original issue we were solving with the steps I provided above), which would have wiped out net worth and performance history, as this data is obtained from the time the account is added versus the transactional history in the account. For this scenario, we wouldn't be able to do anything to bring back the history other than turn to the original accounts — do these still exist in Quicken Simplifi?

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Natalie- I had gone through the linking steps with another Simplifi coach however the balances were all zero and he advised to wait a couple of days to see if the data populated. I waited and when refreshing a few days later, the accounts were displaying correctly but the history was gone.
    With regard to your question about whether the accounts still exist in Quicken Simplifi, yes they do.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@millsmn, if the original accounts are still in Quicken Simplifi, the net worth and balance tracking should take place from the original date they were added. However, you stated above that you deleted the 12 existing accounts with $0 balances — is this the case, or were you able to link the new connection to your original existing accounts? If the former (the original accounts were deleted), the historical data is gone, unfortunately.

Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Natalie. Since I deleted the $ balance accounts that is what caused me to lose the historical data.

This discussion has been closed.