Help with category monthly total

Options
Isla
Isla Member
edited January 17 in Getting Started

I would like to be able to see easily see a category total throughout the month, at the end of the month and when the month is over. I am moving from Mint and found this easy to do in that app but not finding it as intuitive here. I would prefer not to have to go through multiple steps to get this information but having it is the most important thing. I am not asking for a graph. I just want a number.

Best Answer

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Isla with the current functionality of Q-Simplifi, your best bet is probably Watchlists. You can find out more about them here.

You can set up a Watchlist to give you any category's value throughout the month, but not so much for the end of the month (unless you happen to look at the Watchlist after business hours on the last day of the month).

For finding out the value of Watchlists for previous months, you'll have to use the Reports functionality. This is where being able to save report filter parameters would be really helpful and a time saver. You can vote on this feature here:

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.