Disable the 'Behind the Scenes' Category Assignment Logic for Transaction Imports (edited)

Options
aolafsson
aolafsson Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

There seem to be rules firing behind the scenes for common retailers, one I can't delete from my UI in the 'Rules' section of settings, that ARE firing for imported transactions. This is causing two issues:

1) wiping out of original category data on the individual transaction

2) blocking the creation of the new category in the 'Mint' section (for those coming from Mint)

For example, Amazon is going to 'Shopping', Home Depot is going to 'Home Improvement' and Chewy is going to 'Pet Food & Supplies' with no regard for what I did have it categorized as in Mint / my import CSV.

I have applied more detailed categories for all my past data at big retailers like this.

I did come up with a workaround where if you do a 'find and replace' with the word Amazon to say 'Nozama' (Amazon Backwards) in the CSV before upload, you're good. But, I don't know all the retailers I need to do this with yet and don't want to re-do all my work until I figure that out, otherwise I'll need to start again.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated