Sunmark Credit Union Transactions - All Show "ACH Withdrawal" (edited)

Options
crony
crony Member

I just signed up with Simplifi and my transactions from Sunmark Credit Union are not showing the payee / payor names. It simply shows 'Ach Withdrawl.' I see a few other threads reporting similar issues. Is there an ETA for fix? Alternatively, can I cancel my subscription and get a refund?

Thanks!

p.s. these are the similar threads:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@crony, thanks for reaching out regarding this issue!

It definitely sounds like you're experiencing the same thing that's outlined in the other threads you linked above. To be sure, though, please provide the following additional details:

1. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
    2. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card or bill pay was used)?
    3. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?
    4. How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question (this can be found in the Transaction Detail view).

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• crony
    crony Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie,

1. This is happening with both checking and savings accounts.
    2. All transactions are missing detail. I need to correct my original statement as it's not just displaying as 'Ach Withdrawl.' It's taking whatever is prefixed on my bank statement, so I'm also seeing:
      1. Pos Transaction
      2. Payroll Deduction
      3. Transfer To
      4. Share Withdrawl
      5. Atm Fee
      6. etc..
    3. This is unique to my Sunmark Credit Union accounts
    4. The "Appears on your statement as…" only shows what is prefixed on the bank statement. I attached an image from my bank statement and Simplifi.

Thank you!

• crony
    crony Member
    Options

One more piece of information that may help. Here is a redacted CSV export of that transaction from my bank. It shows that the Description field has the transaction type (Ach Withdraw, Pos Tranasction, etc) and the Memo field has the details (payee or payor).

"Account Name : SIMPLE CHECKING"
    "Account Number : XXXXXXX"
    "Date Range : 12/01/2023-12/27/2023"
    Transaction Number,Date,Description,Memo,Amount Debit,Amount Credit,Balance,Check Number,Fees "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",12/25/2023,"POS Transaction","RPSTRENGTH 13663 Providence Rd WEDDINGTON NCUS",-14.99,,"XXXXXXXX",,

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@crony, thanks for the additional details!

Yes, let's go ahead and get this escalated. To do so, we need the following data:

1. The names of the accounts the transactions reside in, as they appear in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for a few example transactions the issue is occurring with (taking these from the Web App will be much easier and will show all of the data in just one screenshot per transaction, as we will need to see the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the "Appears on your statement as…" info). Maybe try to include one example of the different types of transactions the issue is occurring with so we can see the "Pos Transaction", "Payroll Deduction", "Transfer To", etc.
    3. A screenshot of these same example transactions as displayed on the bank's website.

-Coach Natalie

• crony
    crony Member
    Options

These are the account names:

1. Checking
        1. SIMPLE CHECKING
      2. Savings
        1. ALL OCCASION
        2. REG SHARE ACCOUNT

There's an example of the "Pos Transaction" from SIMPLE CHECKING in my previous comment. I've attached an example of "Ach Withdrawl" from SIMPLE CHECKING and an example of "Share Deposit" from REG SHARE ACCOUNT.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@crony, thank you for providing the requested info!

I have gotten this issue escalated and will be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8558

• crony
    crony Member
    Options

Thank you @Coach Natalie. How long do I have to cancel my subscription? I’ll need to do so if the issue isn’t fixed before that date.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@crony, you can cancel your Subscription at any time, but you have 30 days from purchase to request a refund. Sadly, I don't think this will be resolved within 30 days based on the other escalations I've done for the same issue with other credit unions. 😔

-Coach Natalie

• crony
    crony Member
    Options

I just noticed a have a few transactions in my checking account showing as pending with the payee showing a bit more detail.

• AM2309
    AM2309 Member
    edited January 3
    Options

New to Simplifi, coming from Mint but have not imported any transactions yet. Got my credit union account hooked up and having the same issue. All transactions show as "ACH Withdrawal" or "Bill Payment Transaction" with no additional info about vendor in Payee field, even though I can see that on my CU statement. Nothing in the "Appears on your bank statement as" either.

Testing Simplifi against [removed] right now and this will make Simplifi a no-go if I have to manually cross-reference and clean up/rename/recategorize all transactions for my credit union every month.

Checking account at Sunmark Credit Union (NY). I pulled a qfx file as the user above did and same issue - my credit union places relevant info in the <MEMO> field; <NAME> field is just the generic descriptor.

• crony
    crony Member
    Options

And it lost that detail after it lost pending status.

• crony
    crony Member
    edited January 10
    Options

@AM2309 There's a thread specifically for Sunmark [removed link to merged thread]. I'm in the same boat as you.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@AM2309, thanks for reaching out!

As mentioned by @crony, this does appear to be an issue with Sunmark Credit Union transactions. To be sure that it's the same issue, though, please provide the following details:

1. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
    2. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card or bill pay was used)?
    3. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?
    4. How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question (this can be found in the Transaction Detail view).

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• AM2309
    AM2309 Member
    Options
    1. Checking
    2. All transactions
    3. Happens in all Sunmark transactions in Simplifi (I have two Sunmark checking accounts linked; one personal and one business; both accounts have this issue). No issues seen with other accounts at other institutions I have linked to Simplifi, like savings or credit card accounts from different banks.
    4. "Appears on your statement as" in Simplifi is also truncated; the information in that area is the same as what is in the Payee field.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@AM2309, thanks for confirming!

Please provide the following info so we can add you to the existing ticket for this issue and make sure your case is addressed:

1. The name of the accounts the transactions reside in, as they appear in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for a few example transactions the issue is occurring with (taking these from the Web App will be much easier and will show all of the data in just one screenshot per transaction, as we will need to see the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the "Appears on your statement as…" info).
    3. A screenshot of these same example transactions as displayed on the bank's website.

-Coach Natalie

• AM2309
    AM2309 Member
    Options
    1. Accounts are named BASIC BUSINESS CHECKING and CHECKING & BILL PAY in Simplifi
    2. Screenshots attached.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@AM2309, thanks!

I went ahead and added you to the ticket, but I'm concerned that they won't be able to work on your case with only one example. Can you provide 2 additional example transactions the issue is occurring with so I can add them, please? We need to see a screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for the additional examples, as well as a comparison screenshot of how the same transactions look on the bank's website.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@crony & @AM2309, thanks so much for your patience as we were working on this!

Great news — a fix has been implemented for this Payee issue that you are both seeing with Sunmark Credit Union. Can you both take a look in Quicken Simplifi and let us know how it goes, please? The fix would only apply to newly downloaded transactions.

Fingers crossed!

-Coach Natalie

• crony
    crony Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie. I'm confirming that I see a transaction with the Payee listed correctly. I had previously cancelled and refunded my account, so I had to sign up again, but it appears I didn't get the same deal that I had before (25% off). Is it possible to have support make that adjustment?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@crony, awesome!

As for the promo, you'll need to contact our Support Team directly to make your request: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.