Issue displaying Vanguard brokerage holdings

Options
chaorabbit
chaorabbit Member
edited February 29 in Investments

Hi all,

New user here! Just came over from Mint.

I am experiencing an issue with the Vanguard brokerage account balances displaying correctly on Simplifi

On Vanguard, I have a margin-enabled brokerage account, which means my investments are divided between cash and margin subaccounts. For example, on Vanguard, I have two lines of holdings for their S&P 500 fund:

VANGUARD 500 INDEX ADMIRAL CL

VANGUARD 500 INDEX ADMIRAL CL (CASH)

On Simplifi, my Investment → Portfolio → Holdings table ONLY shows the non-cash lines, resulting in the majority of my Vanguard balance being missing. However, the Investment → Balances tab is correct, as is my net worth.

Is there anything I can do to get both lines to display? Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@chaorabbit, thanks for reaching out!

To get a clearer picture of what's going on and to look at escalating this discrepancy for you, please provide the following details:

1. The name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    6. A screenshot of the holdings on the bank's website for a comparison

For an escalation, we'll also need to have your logs submitted via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• chaorabbit
    chaorabbit Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie where should I submit the details above?

Would prefer not to post my entire brokerage account in a public forum.

Already did the "send feedback" thing

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@chaorabbit, you can DM the info if you'd prefer to keep it private. Otherwise, if you're looking for a private support experience in general, you'd want to contact our Support Team directly instead of posting to the Community: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• chaorabbit
    Options

DM sent

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@chaorabbit, thanks for providing the requested info!

I went to get this escalated but noticed that you're connected using the "Vanguard - Personal Investors" option; can you try connecting the account using the option listed as just "Vanguard" to see if you get different results, please? You can either delete and re-add the account using the other option, or you can make the existing account manual, and then reconnect to the bank and link the account found to your existing account in Quicken Simplifi — whatever works best for you.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• chaorabbit
    Options

Tried it. Unfortunately didn't make a difference. :(

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@chaorabbit, thanks for giving that a try!

I have gotten this issue escalated and will let you know as soon as we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8594

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@chaorabbit, thanks for your patience as this was being worked on!

It sounds like this issue was due to your shares converting classes, and it should now be resolved. Can you take a look in Quicken Simplifi and let us know how it goes, please?

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.