Once a transaction is marked as "Reviewed", do not apply automatic changes (edited)

Options
timmyc123
timmyc123 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

Once I've reviewed a transaction, there should never be any automatic changes. I constantly see transactions that are reviewed that get modified automatically sometime in the future because the platform thinks there's some kind of match. It is incredibly frustrating, especially for things perceived as transfers, because now you have to track down the other side too.

9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• deopppp
    Options

me +1

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't noticed this personally but if it's happening, I definitely want it to stop!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• darbielee
    Options

+1. This has been happening for me and I hate it. I would prefer an option to approve or decline the linkage of a transaction that has already been reviewed.

Scenario: I venmo $50 to a friend, which shows up as a transaction on my main checking account. I categorize the transaction according to what the money was for, and mark it as reviewed so I know I don't have to question it later. Two days later, a different checking account happens to get a $50 check deposit. Simplifi incorrectly automatically matches them and changes my reviewed categorized transaction to a transfer category instead. Once I happen to notice this, I have to manually re-categorize both transactions and hope I remember exactly what the original transaction was for. "Hmm, it says reviewed but I know this definitely wasn't a transfer to this other account… Did I mistakenly mark it reviewed? Did something get changed without my knowledge? How can I tell?" There's no log for what changes have happened to a transaction, so it's impossible to know for sure, especially if enough time has passed.