Single Fiscal Year

Options
PlanoWineguy
PlanoWineguy Member
edited January 25 in Troubleshooting

Using the old Quicken you could start your year off with a balance - hence having only that years issue with transactions - as Quicken has been known to mess some up during the year. I don't see a feature that allows the "fiscal" year to start on Dec 27th with a balance.

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PlanoWineguy

Q-Simplifi works on a different basis than Quicken Classic. The way I think about it is that Quicken Classic is a "traditional" accounting app with lots of accounting features. Part of that package of accounting tools is a budgeting module. Q-Simplifi is not, in my thinking, designed to function as an accounting app but as a personal planning and tracking app that is highly focused on Month-to-Month planning.

So, no, there is not a "fiscal" function that allows you to start with a given date. You will start with the current month go forward month by month.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• PlanoWineguy
    Options

So if something goes fubar - one has to start all over again

Seems counter intuitive - I have my budget - but the money account has data going back to last year and the credit cards starting in Sept. Simplifi has alread messed up one CC account and is off by $500. Guessing I have to go back and see what transaction is missing line by line. Starting a fiscal year is just easier………

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

@PlanoWineguy, are you looking for something along the lines of this existing request?

If so, please be sure to add your vote and feedback, and then follow it for future updates.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.