Fidelity HSA account no longer added to Simplifi

Options
rjg5060
rjg5060 Member

I too am having the same Fidelity HSA problems as reported in this thread.

Up until late last week (Dec 21 or 22), I was having identical problems as reported by everyone else in discussion 'Persistent 324 error with Fidelity HSA accounts' - My Fidelity HSA was added to Simplifi along with my other Fidelity accounts, but the HSA account never successfully refreshed and it generated a 324 error. I deleted an re-added Fidelity to Simplifi several times, but always had the same problem with my HSA account.

But starting on Dec 21 or 22, Simplifi no longer adds my Fidelity HSA. Other accounts are added, but not the Fidelity HSA.

Here's what happens:

I have the following Fidelity accounts:

1. A 401K from a previous employer with a positive balance.
  2. My Fidelity personal HSA.
  3. A 40K from another previous employer with a $0 balance.
  4. Some account from a previous employer from over 30 years ago with no balance.

When I now add Fideltiy to Simplifi, the following occurs:

1. I select Fidelity Inv & Retirement.
  2. I get an Add Account landing page that states Simplifi uses Intuit to Connect. I select Continue.
  3. I get an Authorization access required page and select Sign In.
  4. The Fidelity login page pops-up. I enter my Fidelity userid & password and select Login.
  5. I get the Fidelity User Agreement page and select the 2 checkboxes at the bottom and hit the I Agree button.
  6. I then get a Fidelity Manage Your Data page that lists the title of all 4 of my Fidelity accounts along with the last 4 digits of the account number, including the HSA account. I select all 4 accounts and hit Approve.
  7. I then get an Add Account page that only contains the option to only add my account #1 and #3, but not my HSA. Note that I don't care about my account #4 as it is very old, has no balance and is no longer relevant.

As a result, I can no longer add my Fidelity HSA to Simplifi.

Note that as a previous Mint user I am also trying-out Intuit Credit Karma. My Fidelity account at Credit Karma includes all relevant accounts, including the HSA, and updates them successfully. I believe both Simplifi and Credit Karma both use the same API/interface to connect to Fidelity.

Answers to Coach Natalie's questions:

1-The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

It no longer appears, but it's name is 'Personal HSA'.

2-Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.

It only belongs to me.

3-Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.

I have two other accounts that update successfully.

4-Confirm if the account has transactions in the last 90 days.

Yes - there are recent transactions since December 1

5-Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?

As stated above, originally I would have the same 324 error problem as reported by other people. But now my Fidelity HSA no longer gets added to Simplifi.

Please fix! Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member
    Options

Additional Info on this problem:

As a test I deleted my Fidelity accounts in Intuit Credit Karma and then re-added them. All of my Fidelity accounts were re-added, including my Fidelity HSA account. Since it appears Simplifi uses the same Intuit API for Fidelity as Credit Karma, I would expect that Simplifi should be able to add my Fidelity HSA.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@rjg5060, thanks for reaching out regarding this issue!

First, please navigate to Settings > Accounts to make sure the HSA account isn't perhaps added under a different bank option or something along those lines. If you don't glean any additional insight from this page, we'll need to gather some more details from you for a missing accounts escalation as follows:

1. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website?)
    2. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    3. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    4. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    6. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery.

We look forward to working with you on this!

-Coach Natalie

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

The missing HSA is not added under a different bank, category, etc.

Here is the info you requested:

1. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website?) No. This is a standard Fidelity HSA account that displays on the Fidelity website. See the attached screenshot.
    2. Is the account a subtype of a different account? No
    3. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process? Simplifi updated the API that's used to add Fidelity accounts a week or two ago. The website did not change.
    4. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website. Personal HSA
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser). Attached.
    6. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the account in question is missing at account discovery. Attached.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rjg5060, thanks!

When reviewing your attachments, it looks like we still need number 6. This would be a screenshot of the screen that lists all of the accounts that are discovered when connecting to Fidelity in Quicken Simplifi; based on your description, I'd expect to see that the HSA account is missing from this screen, but the other accounts you mentioned holding with Fidelity would be listed.

Let me know if you need additional clarity on what we're looking for.

-Coach Natalie

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I believe the last three pages of the attached PDF contain the information you are requesting. The fourth page of the PDF contains a listing from Fidelity of all the available Fidelity accounts. The last page of the PDF shows the Fidelity accounts that are being added by Simpliiy, but the previously listed by Fidelity HSA account is not one of them.

Please let me know if this isn't what you're looking for. Thank you.

• DeloskyGA
    DeloskyGA Member
    edited January 3
    Options

I'm having a very similar issue. Note I added my accounts as just Fidelity Investments and NOT NetBenefits, but the setup experience was exactly the same. The HSA account was listed as one of the accounts available to link to Simplifi just like @rjg5060 showed in his document.

My Fidelity Account according to Simplifi. Note that my 401(k), ESPP and Stock accounts sync fine. The HSA only syncs when I RECONNECT, but then it stops after that.

My Fidelity Accounts according to Fidelity:

Does this have anything to do with a "Savings" account being linked into an "Investment" institution?

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 22
    Options

@rjg5060, got it — thanks! I have gotten this issue escalated and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

@DeloskyGA, the thread for the persistent 324 error is available here, so please be sure to post there since that's the issue you're seeing:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8631 / CTP-8528

• JD-SanDiego
    JD-SanDiego Member
    edited February 28
    Options

I'm having the EXACT same issue. Initial connection/link connects the Fidelity account, importing transactions then the very next day same error message as the folks above have already provided screen shots for.

Can also vouch Mint & Credit Karma connect and download transactions with no issues.

Please update this thread if this is going to be fixed or as I'm in my 30 day trial period and if this is yet another issue with Simplify, I may go to [removed].

• JD-SanDiego
    Options

Parallel thread with many suffering same issue(s).

Would be nice if Simplify would provide an ETA or progress status update, if this is being worked on or let us know that it is not a priority.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.