"Locking in" Categories

Options
Thomas56
Thomas56 Member

As most of you do, I assume, we use Amazon quite a bit. When I go to Categorize each transaction, there is a Checkbox that I have to uncheck or else every transaction for Amazon gets recategorized. It's easy to undo alot of work if I don't uncheck that box. Is there a way to lock in a category that I assign without losing all of my work?

Best Answer

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Thomas56

First, I'm not sure what checkbox you are referring to. Once you categorize a transaction it should be "locked in." At least that's been my experience. Once I have categorized an Amazon purchase, I've never seen Simplifi recategorize it. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one way to lock in categories for transactions and that and that would be to set up a rule.

By the same token I can only wonder if you already have a rule set up for Amazon purchases that Simplifi is responding to? AT least that's what comes to my mind for what you describe.

I figure I need to manually categorize all my Amazon purchases since those purchases can cover a variety of expenses in a given month. For example, we recently remodeled our bathrooms, and my wife made a number of purchases related to this project. At the same time, we have been buying Holiday gifts, books, vacuum cleaner filters, clothes… and every purchase needed to be categorized appropriately manually. Sometimes Simplifi will take it's best guess and sometimes gets it right, but I think that has more to do with repetition on my part than Simplifi "knowing" how to sort out Amazon purchases.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Thomas56
    Thomas56 Member
    Options

Danny

Thank you trying to help me. Here is a screenshot of the window where the Checkbox is that, if I don't uncheck it, Simplifi recategorizes all of my Amazon transactions, in this instance it would recategorize all of my Amazon transactions to Books.

• Thomas56
    Thomas56 Member
    Options

Natalie

My issue is the first one you directed me to, i. e. that box is checked by Default. I'd vote to have this uncheck by Default. I see where others may be experiencing the same thing. It is extremely bad when this happens to someone with alot of transactions that have been changed. Since I'm a relatively new user it only effected few dozen transactions.

This discussion has been closed.