Show Previous Month Totals on Watchlist tiles (edited)

Options
quinnwolf
quinnwolf Member
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

I love the watchlist summary page (the one with all the tiles of each watchlist). But, I don't like that it can only show "this month". I want to be able to show any previous month in the watchlist summary page. (I understand that I can get past months' of each individual watchlist by clicking on the watchlist, but I would really like to see the summary of any previous month with all tiles at once).

Let me know if that makes sense.

Another user asked for the same thing on Dec 11:

"I would love to have prior month spending watchlists in the same summary format as current spending watchlist format. Unfortunately, i can only see a rounded total of expense for prior months in each watchlist and the individual transactions. Would be great to at least have the prior month's spending not be a rounded total and show to the penny instead."

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• kgiov
    kgiov Member
    Options

I am using the watch list as a convenient way to track money that I expect to be reimbursed. It is not useful to me if I can only review the current month's spending. I understand that I can do that with a transaction search, but then what is the point of the watch list at all?

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@kgiov I suspect that @quinnwolf is asking for a "month picker" dropdown control or something so you can toggle through various months.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

After thinking about this some more, it would seem to make sense to me to include the previous month's watchlist totals in the Monthly Summary report. And then to be able to scroll through previous months in the same way you can scroll through upcoming months in the Spending Plan.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye