Bills and Payment Biller connection

Options
CharlieChap
CharlieChap Member
edited February 14 in Bills and Income

The bills and payment feature is handy to remember all the due dates of the bills, but it needs some essential features. For example, it should be able to connect the biller automatically when I add an account. Keeping two connections, one for account and the other for biller, doesn't make sense. The connecting biller is buggy as well; it doesn't connect.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @CharlieChap,

Thanks for providing your feedback! Is there a specific biller you're having trouble connecting? Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect?

For the idea of having the option to link both for transaction download and as a biller during the same add account process, I suggest you submit the request as an Idea. You can use this link for instructions.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• CharlieChap
    CharlieChap Member
    Options

I was trying to connect Comcast biller but its not connecting. I dont see any credit card Company in biller like Capital One, Discover etc

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Per prior Coach comments, some credit cards, including Capital One, do not support Bill Connect. I also tried connecting Xfinity/Comcast and that one is not supported either.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• rheaton
    rheaton Member
    edited January 7
    Options

I'm thinking the same thing. Came here from Mint, where the bills for each account were automatically discovered via the transactions. Outstanding balance due and due date is one of the absolute essential features I need, and it's pretty terrible here. Basically I get to log in to all of my accounts manually to check on that, which is why I signed up for Simplifi in the first place… Will keep searching for a solution that does the most basic of financial tasks…

• CharlieChap
    CharlieChap Member
    edited January 14
    Options

@reheaton I was checking [Removed] and it does support a lot of mint like features including credit card bills reminders and budget rollover. I came to Simplifi thinking they have same features but some of connections doesn’t work like Stash plus majority of most liked features are missing. Also Simplifi doest publish their roadmap, at least having a roadmap gives a hope about the features that are coming but Simplifi doesn’t share that, while [Removed] has made their roadmap public so you can see what’s coming next. I am really considering [Removed] after learning all the features and trust they are trying to build with their customers by making their roadmap public

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Options

I’m not sure what to think about the whole bill connect, amount due, due date “issue.” The due date is available for recurring bills/subscriptions in at least two places: In the Spending Plan you can click on Bills to see all your recurring bills with the due date in the very first column for each bill and same for Subscriptions. Or you can Click in the Calendar icon to open the Bills & Payment page and see both a list of upcoming bills and income events WITH DUE DATES and an actual calendar with little dots indicating upcoming bills and income events again on their due dates. Also on this page is a list of any past due bills and payments. The Bills & Payments list is even sortable by several criteria - by due date, by account out of which you pay it and by type. Finally, these due dates are static and stable… i.e. my billers always bill me every month and on a set schedule.

As for amount due, that info is also displayed in the same places mentioned above.

I understand that some of my recurring bills have variable amounts due from month to month and being able to have that amount update when the information becomes available is perhaps useful, but not an absolute necessity since 1. I know I’m going to pay that biller no matter what; 2. Knowing this I have included that margin in my overall budget for the year. On the other hand, most of my recurring bills and subscriptions are static - that is, they have the same amount due month in and month out and if there is a change I will be notified by my biller and can make the adjustment in my recurring series for that biller (or cancel the service if I don’t want to pay the increased amount).

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Options

@CharlieChap

🤣 Nice sells pitch for [Removed]. I ran a side-by-side test of [Removed] and Simplifi (and a couple of other personal fin apps (not including M***). Having only glanced at M***, and based on comments in this forum, I suspect [Removed] is closer to the more traditional type of bookkeeping and budgeting app that M*** was. In the end, though, Simplifi won out over the others due to the elegance of Simplifi’s approach.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Options

As a former Mint user, I prefer the simplicity of the Simplifi spending plan. I only have at most 7 main categories to track under planned spending and bills instead of having to go to each sub category and estimate an amount to spend. For annual or other non monthly expenses, I am using a recurring bill.

Regarding the credit cards, I get an email from each a few days before the statement and update the balance due. I only use 2-3 credit cards each month so this task is easy. Automation here to see the statement balance due will be nice. I like having updated projected cash flows as well.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.