Manual Account Balance Not Updating (edited)

Options
Scotty Mac
Scotty Mac Member
edited February 2 in Report a Bug

@Coach Natalie says in the "Known Issues" - "In the meantime, since it appears that this issue is due to a 24-hour delay in updating the balance, you can date your transaction(s) for the prior date to see the change reflected in your balance right away."

I'm not sure this is the case. I post transaction to a prior date all the time and my balances do not update. I've also noted that the issue seems to only be present with the current session. In other words, if you log off and back on, the account balances are updated. Similarly, if you make the entry on one device, say the PC, and then open the app, say on your phone, the balances are also correct.

This points to a refresh issue possibly in the html/other code for browsers/app. If this point has already been noted, my apologies but it is not reflected in her post for Known Issues.

Scott

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

I have a similar issue with a manual account that was connected to a bank until yesterday. The bank connection stopped working yesterday and I made the account manual.

More info on the thread

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - I just sent my feedback screen from the web app.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here is a complete recap of my balance problem after making a disconnected account a manual account.

I switched the Marcus Online Savings account to manual last night as I know it is not connecting to the bank. This morning, the account only shows a balance of $2000, which is the amount of the deposit received yesterday. The prior transactions as not counted in the balance.

Do I need to delete the Marcus manual account and reimport the transactions to resolve this? Or is something being done behind the scenes to solve this?

When I download the CSV file, the transactions add up to the correct balance but the app does not (web and mobile).

CSV transactions enclosed. Account was opened on 11/27/2023.

account

state

postedOn

payee

usage

category

tags

notes

amount

Marcus Online Savings (...1704)

CLEARED

1/2/2024

Goldman Sachs Ba Collection

CHECKING

$2,000.00

CLEARED

12/31/2023

Interest Paid

Personal Income:Interest Earned

$20.20

CLEARED

12/22/2023

Marcus by Goldman Sachs

CHECKING

$1,000.00

CLEARED

12/11/2023

Marcus Savings Monthly

CHECKING

$200.00

CLEARED

11/30/2023

Interest Paid

Personal Income:Interest Earned

$2.35

CLEARED

11/27/2023

Internet Transfer From

CHECKING

$5,000.00

Below is the net worth screen showing the balance from the first connection date through today. The account disconnected yesterday.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good news! I reconnected the Marcus account and the balance now is correct. Thanks! 🙏

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Scotty Mac, thanks for posting!

Yes, we do have a known issue regarding this behavior with an Alert available here:

I'd try refreshing the browser page or signing out and back in to see if doing so reflects the new transaction(s) in your balance. This seemed to do the trick for me yesterday when doing some manual entry.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Scotty Mac
    Scotty Mac Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Yes ma'am, those instructions were in my post as to how to band aid the situation for now. It seems to be a refresh issue within the HTML/other code that y'all use with regards to browser interfaces. I'm unaware if this issue is also in the app.

Best,

Scott

This discussion has been closed.