Can I delete an account then re-establish ?

Options
BGilbert
BGilbert Member
edited February 16 in Getting Started

It appears after I setup an account it read in as much history from the provider as it possibly could. I then followed the process of importing my MINT extract not realizing I should have first looked at furthest transaction date imported from the provider, then delete transactions from my mint export which caused the duplicates. I have many DUPLICATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just delete the account then re import using the described process above?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, when you deleted, did you get rid of the account and the institution? When I re-did my accounts, I deleted both the account and the institution. Then, I reconnected the bank, the accounts, and after that I imported from Mint.

If the institution stays, then the transactions will not come back. I remember seeing a support article that a bank will only send the same transactions once. Try deleting the accounts, the bank, and then repeating the linking and import. My step 1 above should have said

1. Delete the account with duplicates and the bank from Simplifi. Do this even if you have multiple accounts connected.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I did what you described and it work to not have duplicates. To reiterate:

1. Delete the account with duplicates
    2. Create a new account
    3. Link the account to the bank
    4. Import from Mint avoiding overlap with transaction dates downloaded from linked account. Import only through day before earliest date of downloaded transactions
    5. Configure downloaded transactions to match Mint categories, splits, etc.

After doing the steps above, my Mint import worked. Also, watch out for transactions with multiple tags or tags with spaces. My import skipped those and I had to import them to the account again.

Minter 2014-2023

• BGilbert
    Options

Thank you!

The account I messed up was that largest of 2 at the one institution. I only deleted the messed up account and re-added, worked thank you!. What I am seeing is the account I left alone (not messed up) at the same institution pulled 2 years of historic transactions. The one I deleted and re added only shows back to last October, any idea if there is a process behind the scenes to go after the history automatedly? Of course asking because if I don;t account for this and wait I will back in the same boat again…..

• JenG
    JenG Member
    Options

I was having issues with duplicates so I followed the instructions noted above by Ursula (thank you!) and deleted both the account and the institution in Simplifi. But when I try to add the account again, Chase says "you're already sharing data from ….1234" and will not allow me to re-import those transactions. Any ideas on how to do a hard reset on that connection so I can import previously imported (but now deleted) transactions?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had a similar issue with Wells Fargo. The bank has a section to manage sharing with third party apps. Disconnect Quicken from that section first before attempting to reconnect the account.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.