Future Spending Plans (7 Merged Votes)

Options

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    No update to provide as of yet, @Meg -- we're still waiting to see the Spending Plan enhancements released. Hopefully soon! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • SimplifineHowareyou
    Options
    @Coach Natalie Still thinking this month?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    It's very possible @SimplifineHowareyou! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • soccer7maniac7
    Options
    Also definitely support this feature. This is apart of budgeting, therefore expected in the app when I purchased. Any update on availability?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    No further update at this time @soccer7maniac7. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Fernanda
    Fernanda Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    New Simplifi user here. Just got familiarized with the app and love the look, feel and ease so far but the lack of ability to project out a few months in the future is kind of a deal breaker... Looks like the last update was that release was projected for Feb. It's nearing March. Any new updates on this feature release? Thanks! @Coach Natalie
  • ianr
    ianr Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to see if there is an update or an eta on this feature. I'd like to plan my spending before the beginning of the month, and I'm sure others would as well! It looks like this feature has been in development for over a year now.

Thanks in advance!
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Still no exact ETA @Fernanda & @ianr, but our Team is hard at work on making this happen. Hopefully we see some of the enhancements enabled within the next few weeks! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • SimplifineHowareyou
    SimplifineHowareyou Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Any updates?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    No further updates at this time @SimplifineHowareyou.

-Coach Natalie
  • thyrad
    Options
    I completely agree with the others - the ability to preplan a month's spending prior to the 1st of that month is a much needed update.

This thread was started in June 2020 - 19 months ago - and has shown as "In Progress" for 15months. Do you have any updates as to when it can be expected?

Thanks!
  • J&R Schroer
    Options
    Just tossing our hat into the ring of looking forward to being able to set up FUTURE Spending Plans! :-) This was one feature that we thought should normally be included in budgeting style software. I was a devote Quicken user a bit ago, then we went to Every Dollar, but I missed the "Matching of downloaded Transactions" that Quicken had, but my Wife liked the budgeting aspect of ED.  For a while I did the ED/Mint try until I came across Simplifi.  From everything we had seen up to this one aspect, we are liking! I hope the challenges you are having with this feature can be overcome soon, before my Wife gets frustrated! LOL!  My current "work around" is to set up a "Goal" for the next month.

Thank you!
  • thehoerrs
    thehoerrs Member
    Options
    +1. Ridiculous this is not implemented. It's essential to plan ahead for good financial health.
  • bbertchie
    bbertchie Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    While I understand the product is evolving and there are only so many items that can be added to a sprint release, some of these requests are several years on the backlog.  We're paying to use this product and it would go a long way to assuage our frustrations if there was some type of product roadmap made available to us. 
  • NHMike
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this feature too!
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem, in my opinion, is Simplifi needs a lot of features, and some need more priority than others.  For example, they've been promising different transaction frequencies (i.e. 'Second Thursday of the month' or 'Fourth Wednesday of the month' which is important for people who get paid on social security.)  It really throws off the cash flow forecast when the recurring deposit transaction is instead, for example, on the 16th of the month every month (finding out how much you have left before next paycheck doesn't work with this).  In my opinion, this is a more 'basic functionality' thing that needs to get done before 'advanced' features like more budgetting features.  Quicken (Simplifi's parent co. I think) had this 'basic functionality' as long as I can remember.

This is not the only feature that probably deserves more priority.   But I think I'm paying like $3/month for this app, yes to me annually that is a lot of money, but to someone paying a full time developer, $3 doesn't come close to paying for one hour of work of that developer's time.  

Rob Wilkens

• SimplifineHowareyou
    Options
    Any updates?

Got our hopes up for "very possible" in February.
    Got our hopes for "in a few weeks" after that.
    Got our hopes up for "early April."

Any reason to think it's actually coming this time?
  • leviautumn
    leviautumn Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is really frustrating.
  • tdurden
    tdurden Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Any updates?

With all the interest in this feature, I'd imagine Coach Natalie will be announcing it as soon as it's available. I don't think your tone @SimplifineHowareyou is in any way speeding development.
  • SimplifineHowareyou
    edited April 2022
    Options
    tdurden said:
    Any updates?

With all the interest in this feature, I'd imagine Coach Natalie will be announcing it as soon as it's available. I don't think your tone @SimplifineHowareyou is in any way speeding development.

2-factor authentication was requested November 2019.
    Rollover Spending Plans were requested November 2019.
    Dark Mode on the app was requested January 2020.
    Debt payoff calculator was requested February 2020.

More interest in all of those than in this, yet no implementation on those either. They've had years to implement them. At this point, [removed-speculation]. But there is no defending the lack of this many basic functions after this much time.
  • bbertchie
    bbertchie Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    tdurden said:
    Any updates?

2-factor authentication was requested November 2019.
    Rollover Spending Plans were requested November 2019.
    Dark Mode on the app was requested January 2020.
    Debt payoff calculator was requested February 2020.

More interest in all of those than in this, yet no implementation on those either. They've had years to implement them. At this point, [removed-speculation]. But there is no defending the lack of this many basic functions after this much time.
    Agree - if we had some product roadmap - that would go a long way with the end-users.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello All,

Sadly, due to all of the recent issues with the Spending Plan, this feature has been delayed and we currently don't have an ETA to provide as to when we can expect to see it. Because of the recent issues, we want to ensure that we release a stable feature, so our Product Team is really focused on fine-tuning and testing this before releasing it.

We appreciate everyone's understanding and continued patience, and we will be sure to update this post as soon as any news becomes available. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Coach Natalie for the update.  Looking forward to using it when it does arrives…whenever that might be.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • dmaysoon
    Options
    Any progress on this one?
  • SavingPennies4Boba
    SavingPennies4Boba Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    Adding my two cents - being able to make a future spending plan would make Simplifi much more useful.  I can't really recommend it to others without it.
  • katie
    katie Member
    Options
    I too am going to have to look for a new system without this feature. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello All,

Great news -- one month into the future is now available in the Spending Plan with Early Access! 🎉

You can also project your 'Other Spending' for the future month! 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.