Mortgage payment showing as income

Options
mthoman1
mthoman1 Member
edited February 23 in Managing Your Transactions

My mortgage payment is showing as a loan payment on the withdraw side, but on the loan account the payment is showing as an income deposit. What's worse is that i can't change it because the account is a loan. How do i fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@mthoman1, thanks for reaching out!

I'm not sure that I'm understanding the issue — wouldn't the payment be counted as income in the loan account so it reduces the balance on the loan? Are you tracking this account manually or is it connected to the bank? Also, are you using the Quicken Simplifi Web App or Mobile App?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member
    Options

I'm using the mobile app on Android. I think the confusion here is that you're talking about the payment applying as a positive, which it does and i expect it to do. The issue is the category is locked in as personal income. Loan payments should be transfers, just like credit card payments. That money came out of my checking account, which is also tracked in the app, but my monthly income went up by the amount of the mortgage payment. I didn't earn income. I transferred the money from my checking account as a payment. The only fix was to delete the transaction.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 8
    Options

@mthoman1, thanks for confirming the issue!

Is the loan account in question connected to the bank? If so, you shouldn't see transactions at all — https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4593261-loan-liability-tracking-in-quicken-simplifi

If the account is manually managed, you should be able to change the Category — https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4340112-managing-transactions-on-the-mobile-app#edit-a-transaction

Please let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member
    Options

Yes, the loan is connected to the bank. I have a mortgage and 3 credit cards through Chase and the system appears to be confused. I don't know why though, the account is clearly labeled as a loan.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@mthoman1, thanks for confirming!

Since the account is connected, you shouldn't see loan transactions at all. Are you seeing the transactions in the loan account itself? We had an issue with loan transactions showing in 'All Transactions' on the Mobile App, but it was supposed to have been fixed with the 4.16.0 Mobile Release —

Is this what you're seeing?

-Coach Natalie

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member
    Options

similar, yes. I have not ever logged into the desktop app to check if something is different.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@mthoman1, have you checked the actual loan account on the Mobile App to see if the transactions show there as well? Or can you confirm the issue exists only in "All Transactions"?

-Coach Natalie

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member
    Options

Within the account itself there are no transactions, which i guess is expected behavior. It shows in all transactions and it was showing in the total spending screen.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@mthoman1, thanks for confirming!

Since the other user confirmed that the issue is indeed resolved for them, we'd want to look at reporting this as a dataset-specific issue. First, by "total spending screen", do you mean the Total Spending Report, or are you referring to something else? If you are referring to the Total Spending Report, it's odd that you'd see 'Personal Income' transactions here since it's designed to track spending.

Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App? If not, please do so to see if it clears anything up for you. If the issue persists, please provide the following data for an escalation:

1. A screenshot of the loan account showing that there are no transactions (as expected).
    2. A screenshot of some example loan transactions from 'All Transactions'.
    3. A screenshot of the other area you see the transactions listed (the Total Spending Report ?).
    4. The name of the loan account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    5. The Make, Model, and OS of your mobile device.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.