SubCategories not Aggregating under Spending Plan?

Options
npshepherd95
npshepherd95 Member
edited February 26 in Using the Spending Plan

Hello!

I have "dining and drinks" as a category that I want to track spending on in my spending plan and have setup a budget with a reasonable estimate of what I expect to spend for the month and everything looks great. However, when I have a transaction post it'll come up as "restaurants" or "fast food" and those will get categorized as "other spending" even though restaurants and fast food are subcategories of dining & drinks.

Is there any way to resolve the subcategories going under my spending plan of dining and drinks instead of "other spending" without having to recategorize all dining expenses as "dining and drinks"?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I resolved this issue by deleting the planned spending tile, recreating the planned spending tile with the needed category, dining & drinks, and then refreshing the page.

If refreshing does not work, sign out and back in. Also, try this from an incognito, private browsing window or clean cache/cookies in your browser.

I had not had this issue happen to me recently, fortunately.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Answers

• snadri
    Options

I tried your fix and even though I delete and then recreate a full series, it only updates the most recent month.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, you need to repeat the fix for prior months. For future months to work, recreate a monthly expense series in the current month.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.