Transaction Dates wrong and missing transaction for Fidelity

Options
Diana43
Diana43 Member

I know the connection type recently switch for Fidelity, and I had no issues (I actually like that pending transactions don't show up in Simplfi). But recently a bunch of transaction dates don't match between Simplifi and my Fidelity credit card statement. Not the end of the world, but for my spending plan purposes they are now off (occurred in Dec 2023, but Simplifi shows as Jan 2024 dates).

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Diana43,

To clarify the issue, is the difference between the dates you're seeing the date the charge was authorized vs the date it actually posted? Also, if I'm reading it correctly, the problem transactions you highlighted are showing Dec-31-2024 on the financial institution statement. That does make me wonder if there's something odd happening on the financial institution side that's causing the gap in dates between the statement and the information they send to Quicken Simplifi.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Diana43
    Diana43 Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina Yes, the disconnect is the date the charge posted vs the date in Simplifi. After doing more review of this account, this started in early December (when the connection type changed).

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 8
    Options

@Diana43, thanks for confirming the issue!

Although it's possible this may be another one of the known issues with the new connection method for Fidelity (see here for more details), we can certainly submit a ticket from our end to find out and help make them aware of the impact. To do so, we need the following data:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for 3 example transactions the issue is occurring with that shows the Date, Payee, Amount, and the "Appears on your statement as…" info (this is easiest to obtain from the Web App).
    3. A screenshot of the same example transactions from the bank's website showing the correct date according to your bank statement.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

-Coach Natalie

• Diana43
    Diana43 Member
    Options

• I did some more digging (and looking back further) what my bank website shows the transaction date, the statement shows the posted date and the transaction date. Because of the issues with the Fidelity connection (and I was missing transactions that I posted in another thread) I was reviewing the dates closer than I had previously.

This discussion has been closed.