Can't add american express account

Options
aotto
aotto Member

When I try to add my american express account, the login works fine, and I can select my credit card to add, but then it gives the error message of "You have already added all your accounts at this bank." It will then temporarily show the account under settings/accounts with no balance or transactions, but it disappears shortly after. It never appears under the main dashboard and no transactions are ever downloaded. No issues with adding american express to any other personal finance tracking sites.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @aotto,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide a bit more information? Is this an American Express account that is directly under American Express, or is this a third party account that is serviced by American Express? If it's a third party card, you might want to try one of the other connection options in Quicken Simplifi. For example, if it's a Delta Skymiles card, then there is a separate connection option for that one.

Are you the primary account holder for that account and logging in using the login credentials for the primary account holder? If you're an authorized user or using authorized user login credentials, that may be another reason you'd see the error message you described.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• aotto
    aotto Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Yes, its an american express account directly under amex. I didn't realize I needed to be the primary account holder since the connection works everywhere else. I was able to connect my wife's account instead. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.