Transaction missing from one day to the next (after linking to series)?

Options
budgetj75
budgetj75 Member ✭✭

I had two salary deposits (different employers) last Thursday. They were shown as pending, then cleared. I linked them to my expected bill series (they weren't automatically because in the beginning the year they usually differ from the series amounts). Now they disappeared and these two bills are showing as "past" and I can't link them to anything. I did not delete them, and they still show correctly in my bank.

I want through https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions to troubleshoot, but that didn't help. Anyone else seen this? How can I fix this besides creating a manual entry?

Comments

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    edited January 7
    Options

Chatted with online help coach, confirmed that the specific transactions were "downloaded", but not clear why they're not showing anymore. Submitted "feedback" 414111621430470917.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks for posting!

It looks like the interaction you had with Chat Support was marked as resolved, as you planned to manually enter the missing transactions. With that, it looks like you're all taken care of here, but please let us know if we can assist with anything further on this.

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am curious why this happened though, and whether it's expected to happen again.

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

Disregard, I thought it happened again, but no.

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

This now happened again. One of my "income" transactions was there yesterday, linked it to the income recurring event, and now it's gone. This seems to happen a lot with "pending" transactions of Wells Fargo. FYI @Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks for posting back!

If the issue is occurring with pending transactions from Wells Fargo specifically, it might be due to pending transactions not technically being supported for Wells Fargo, but downloading anyway with the new OAuth API connection. We submitted a ticket due to this ongoing thread, but haven't heard back yet on whether pending transactions are now supported for Wells Fargo:

With that, if the issue is indeed only occurring with pending transactions from Wells Fargo, have you tried unlinking the pending transaction from the Recurring Reminder to see what happens when it clears? If not, please give this a try so we can get a clearer idea of what's going on and whether the issue is related to being linked to a Reminder, etc.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4436514-linking-transactions-to-reminders#h_63cf771390

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also receive pending transactions from Wells Fargo. These include paychecks which link correctly to my recurring income series when pending and cleared. At most, I got a pending and a cleared transaction on the transaction list but that happened when the bank connection died. I deleted the pending version of the transaction and kept the cleared linked to my recurring income series.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

So the weird thing is that there's some transition from pending to cleared, where the cleared disappears (and then both go missing). They seem to return the next day. This is what appears to be happening to me.

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 7
    Options

@budgetj75, have you tried unlinking the Reminder from the pending transaction to see what happens to it when it clears?

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

This keeps happening. I get a salary deposit, it links automatically, then it unlinks somehow (maybe the following day refresh), I manage to relink it manually, then the next day it's completely gone from my transaction list, and again it shows not yet received/linked.

@Coach Natalie any thoughts on how to fix this?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@budgetj75, I'm sorry to hear the trouble persists!

Please provide some data so this can be reviewed for an escalation:

1. The name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that the issue has occurred with in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.
    5. A screenshot of the Recurring Reminders the transactions were linked to.
    6. An outline of what exactly occurs and when for each example.

Alternatively, you are welcome to reach out to our Support Team directly for faster service and more advanced troubleshooting: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

Last time, it was resolved as "they saw the transaction come in, but suggest to just recreate manually". While that was a temporary fix, it seems like it's happening multiple times. I'll PM-ed you this information. Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@budgetj75, thank you!

Looking back through this thread, I don't see that we tried establishing a fresh connection with the bank for you. Let's go ahead and cover our bases by giving this a try to see if it clears things up:

1. Make the affected account(s) manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If the issue persists with a new example, please gather the details for the new example just like you did for the example already provided so we can include more than one in the escalation.

I look forward to hearing how things go!

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

I followed these instructions, but the transaction was not re-imported (it's still missing), and the recurring event is still just "pending".

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks for posting back!

To clarify, reestablishing the connection with the bank won't fix existing/past transactions; you'd instead want to keep an eye out for a new example, and if the issue occurs with a new example (a newly downloaded transaction), you'd want to provide the details of that additional example so we can include more than one in the escalation.

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ack, will do.

• yjoh
    yjoh Member
    Options

I'm having this issue as well. I'll link a cleared transaction to a recurring bill. But when I log in on the next day, the transaction disappears, and the recurring bill reminder reappears as "Past." The last time it happened, the transaction reappeared after a day or two, but that hasn't always been the case.

I've already submitted a ticket, but I haven't heard back.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@yjoh, thanks for posting on this topic!

I'd suggest locating the original chat that took place for this issue in your Messages in the Help Center and reaching back out so they can provide you with an update on the ticket.

Let us know what you find out!

-Coach Natalie

• yjoh
    yjoh Member
    edited February 16
    Options

Sorry, to be clear: I completed my chat with the agent, who had directed me to use the "send feedback" function on the app. I have yet to receive any update on the "send feedback" submission, and I'm continuing to have the problem.

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie this just happened again with the same payee. I'll PM you the details.

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 19
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks for the new example!

It appears the the email address associated with your Community Profile is not the same email used for your Quicken ID, so I'm unable to locate your info in our systems to submit an escalation. Can you either update your Community Profile email to the same one used for Quicken Simplifi, or DM the email address you use for Quicken Simplifi, please?

@yjoh, it looks like when you contacted Chat Support, they submitted an escalation for you. Since you already reported/escalated the issue to them, you'd want to follow back up with the original agent for updates, as we can't escalate things twice. You may do so by locating the original chat in your Messages in the Help Center and reaching back out.

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I DM-ed you the email.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks!

I went ahead and got a ticket filed for this and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19788

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie this just happened yet again, same exact way:

1. 2 transactions (bi-weekly salaries) showed up yesterday evening
    2. I linked them to their events (they were auto-linked)
    3. This morning they became unlinked, and one of them disappeared

Feedback reference 421772928021947137

I PM-ed screenshots.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@budgetj75, thanks!

I added the additional example to the ticket. Unless the issue pops up for a different transaction/Recurring Series, we are probably good on examples for now as they research this.

However, since it's the same transaction/Recurring Series each time, I'm wondering if it has to do with the Recurring Series itself. Did you ever try unlinking the Reminder from the pending transaction to see what happens to it when it clears? Or completely deleting and recreating the Recurring Series it's being linked to? I think trying some troubleshooting may get things fixed for you before the escalation is resolved.

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'll some of these next time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.